More EVH pics......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More EVH pics......

A good friend and fellow JCF'er(who shall remain nameless unless he doesn't want to be) came over last nite and brought a couple of his EVH's to compare to the newer ones and to give my Bogner a run. I had to do the dorky picture thing. Way too many stripes for one room.

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: More EVH pics......

So how'd they compare? And how did the Wayne compare?
    Geez that's a lot of stripes! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

The Wayne, with the "older" neck shape, is REALLY comfortable to play. A really nice guitar. and that Charvel (yes, its real) with the vintage? Fogedaboudit. Incredible. The new ones hold their own against either though. Hard to find a guitar in that batch that wasnt outstanding and a cut above.

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Cool and thanks for answering my question in advance about the v-trem B&W!
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

The tuners look wrong,.It also looks to have a new pup. Paint does look old and yellowed and the Neck looks right except it seems it should have crownhead tuners. I would like to see more of that guitar. Would be cool if it is legit. But something tells me it is not. Maybe employee peoject with tuners that were around when it was made?

My 0.02 cents

Comment

One word, " ERUPTION"!! LOL!!!
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

looks great, but I believe for an accurate replica, the thinnest stripes on the black/white should be tape. I will put together a shitty web page to prove it!

Comment

Here you go:
                http://igottarock.com/evh/

Do you agree, Hoss?

Comment

the tape is probably more accurate, but the durability is pretty weak. The tape probably wouldn't make it out of the store intact.

Comment

Very cool collection mystery man..

Comment

That's a nice selection of EVH's [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

The picture with EVH and the rosewood necked guitar without the pinstipes was taken after he removed the pin stipes and before he painted it red. He removed those pinstripes in 79 or so. So it had the pinstripes first in around 77 or 78 and they were removed then he added the red paint.

I had thought the same thing Lance did until I figured out the timeline of that guitar. The pickguard is the clue. Because it seems he changed that too from the black single hum PG to a white PG with hum and 2 singles with the middle pup being a Tele bridge pup. If you look closely you can see the 3 height adjusment screws for the middle pup.

I do not know how many versions of that guitar there are but he changed it around alot. I like the original unworn VHII cover version the best. But yes Lance your right the tape pinstipe would be more true to the original as well as a large headstock with small ballend and a Gibson logo with a very early Wayne Charvel body and Lynn Ellsworth and/or Warmoth neck no skunkstripe, Gibson PAF potted pup and a 59 era strat bridge.

Comment

cool hoss, I updated the page.

Comment

COOL..Nice Job
                            I wonder if Charvel will use actual pinstripe for their upcoming clone or paint?? One would be hardpressed in finding a late 70s Wayne made strat body 59 bridge etc. all the real components that EVH used for the original version. The pup and bridge alone would run around $3k..

Comment

So his original B&W became the RBW?
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X