• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Charvel. Check it out!

That is sweet! Congrats!!

Comment

Thats a fantastic Guitar Steve. The necks are excellent. I can't wait to gig my new Star this friday night!!!!
      I might have to get myself one of the new San Dimas Strats as well [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I've wanted an old one for years, but it seemed impossible. The good ones that popped up were always snatched up by the collector types. Well, this one is going to get played... carefully lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

You maybe surprised to know that many "collector" types play the sh1t out of the old ones and are not even as careful as you are over your new one.
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I didn't mean that as a put down at all. I will say though that it was frustrating because it seemed like the only way you were going to get ahold of those guitars is if you were "in the know". Hell, I don't blame the folks that buy up all the old Charvels/Jacksons. If you've got the scratch, why not? I don't doubt that alot of them are players either.

Comment

agreed! trace has the paint chips (in a bag, saved for posterity! ) to prove it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i can't see your pix, scuba steve, but did you order it with a blocked floyd, or is that how they're coming? very cool, imo!

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

congratulations Steve. I wish I could see it but you are past your quota with onlinesuck.com [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Damn onlinerock! Those pictures are less than 200k. It's solid black, one hum, Floyd, maple board pointy... The way god intended lol.

I didn't order it blocked. And when I opened the cavity, there was nothing in there blocking it. The trem block is very close to the route (about 1/32 of an inch), but there's no wood or metal holding it. The trem just doesn't pull back, and if it did, you could get maybe a half step out of it. I don't mind, I knew it would be a non recessed/flush mounted trem and was expecting it. This guitar seriously rocks and has great sustain. My band is playin at Harpos in Detroit opening for Overkill in April, and I'll definitely be playing it... can't wait! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool, maple board, top mounted Floyd...its all there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Harpos....killer venue! Have someone take a lot of pictures.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

They're very funny about taking pictures there, but I'll definitely try.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      agreed! trace has the paint chips (in a bag, saved for posterity! ) to prove it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i can't see your pix, scuba steve, but did you order it with a blocked floyd, or is that how they're coming? very cool, imo!

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, was that the one that "went down" in the name of pics (concrete and guitars do not mix!)
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, was that the one that "went down" in the name of pics (concrete and guitars do not mix!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no, the first 3 or so major dings were from playing, a couple from where I bumped into other guitars (I have them everywhere), another few from a piss poor lean up against the amp trick and a few more while taking pics...

but yeah most of mine have gotten dings cause they all get played. I especially pick up dings from the ones I rotate in and out of my office (keep 3 there at all times) from people grabbing them and attempting to play. But I am not complaining, it is cool that I am allowed to have guitars in my office (and an amp!!)...so no complaints from me regardless of how many times I get asked to play American Pie or Brown Eye Girl..lol!!!
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that may actually have been Chuckracer's "Elvis" or one of his other guitars.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

I can't see the pics, either, but congrats! Just got one in myself.

Comment

Nice! What did you get?

Comment

congrats bro
                                shes really great
                                thats exactly what i would want (but only as a star) simple and perfect [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X