Question about San Dimas Standard options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about San Dimas Standard options

ok, I'm kinda GAS-ing for a San dimas with one pickup, floyd rose, in either Graveyard or Black Forest, so would this constitue a "custom order"? how is the wait on a custom Charvel?

and in passing--> do you think that a USA Charvel would be well suited for detuned death metal? I play in B tuning with 13-56 Boomers, I don't want to warp the neck, what say ye?

thanx

Re: Question about San Dimas Standard options

I think the graphics would constitute CS for sure, and CS wait is the same as Jackson. I think they´re quoting 12 months or so at present.

And the neck shouldn´t have ANY problems. 13-56 @ b is pretty much equal to 10-46 in standard, and I play 12-52 in standard with no problems [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

see that was my main problem, I'm still stuck in the mindset of "Neck-thru or go home" ya know? probably because I've had nothing but bad experiences with bolt-on's (warping, bowing, due to temp changes and sting tension mostly)

Comment

A custom Charvel bolt-on has a MSRP of $380 less than if it were a Jackson...

Hmm... you could probably get one done at a decent price then.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          see that was my main problem, I'm still stuck in the mindset of "Neck-thru or go home" ya know? probably because I've had nothing but bad experiences with bolt-on's (warping, bowing, due to temp changes and sting tension mostly)

[/ QUOTE ]

What I can say for sure: My CS Dinky Reverse, Charvel Strathead, DK-1, and AT-1 all hold up great [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Any considering how thin the neck on the DK-1 is, I can´t imagine Jackson even finding a piece of wood that sucks that bad [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And should they find one after all in some crack-dream: Lifetime Warranty [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

All of your questions are answered here:

2004.5 Charvel Price List

Comment

Working...
            X