Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about radius of San Dimas fretboards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about radius of San Dimas fretboards.

What was the fretboard radius on the old San Dimas fretboards and of the current Jackson/Charvel line up, what neck(s) do you feel is/are the most like the old SD necks?

Thanks

Re: Question about radius of San Dimas fretboards.

My SanDimas Jacksons necks are very thick--both from 85. I'm sure someone here has the actual size. I believe you can still custom order a SanDimas neck style.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

The early guitars were hand made...and I have never seen any two with the exact same necks. I have 3 guitars from the same era (81-82) and they all have totally different necks.

Jason

Comment

82 literature states 11" radius. (Fender style necks)

84 literature states 16" radius at the nut. (Jackson style necks)

All of my stratheads feel closer to 16 than 11. Someday I'll buy those Stew Mac radius gauges and actually measure them.

I don't have any strathead necks that are full figured. They are all wide, flat, and on the thin side (to varying degrees) but still consistent and only one really deviates to Ibanez-thin territory.
        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Same info here, One 1980 prepro is 12 or less in radius and a more round back. A later 22 is wide and flat in back with a very flat fretboard
          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
          X