EHV Art Series Review @ WWG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHV Art Series Review @ WWG

Today 5 EVH Art Series guitars were delivered to Wild West Guitars.
    Here is my first impression of the guitars:

The guitars are nice and light, they weighed in at just under 8 lbs. They all had a nice resonance and acoustic sound when strummed acoustically. Obviously this quality carried over to when the gtr. was amplified.

The neck had a nice satin finish to it - ya know the kind that feels real comfortable and easy to play. The fret work was real consistent and top notch. I personally didn't think the neck shape was any thing like an old SD. It was more reminesent of a C shape neck. In any case it was comfortable to chord and bend with minimal effort. The neck pocket was a nice tight fit - no gaps found on our first batch. The neck plate is still the etched kind.

The tuners are Schallers which I like. The truss rod is at the butt of neck (that's sorta of pain in the ass).

The pickup sounded fairly well balanced. It may be a tad on the bright side. You can actually see the magnets resting under the bobbins of the pickup. I think the pickup sounded real musical when played clean, and articulate, tight, and muscular when overdriven. Anyways that's all subjective and dependent upon your gear and what type player you are.

The action on all the guitars was real nice. I couldn't really see having to really tweak much in the way of a set up. Remember these gtrs. are made 20 miuntes away from WWG. So you guys on the East Coast may have to do some tweaking due to your climate.

The finishes were nice except the BWR. Charvel really **** that up. It looks horrible and remotely resembles what Ed gtr. is famous for. We weren't even supposed to receive a BWR due to the fact Ed didn't like the way turned out - and I can't blame him. Our Charvel rep told me it was a mistake shipment. Personally I think the B&Y is the most striking. The B&W is pretty cool, to me it's just missing the CBS headstock (like my GMW has).

Well, I probaly forgot some detail, but hopefully this gives you some insight on these long awaited Charvels. Oh and by the way, I was immediatley able to play Hot for Teacher note for note with the Charvels. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

WWG will start shipping these gtrs. tommorow in the order we took the deposits (basically first to deposit, first to get appropriate color gtr). Hopefully the rest of the 25 plue orders of these gtrs. arrive soon. For teh guys who ordered the BWR, you have a bit longer to wait.

Rob

Re: EHV Art Series Review @ WWG

[ QUOTE ]
    For teh guys who ordered the BWR, you have a bit longer to wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

It figures. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Thanks for the review. Very cool.

And, Rob, we understand you're still relatively new to the forum, so we'll cut you some slack. But there's a steadfast rule here that you can't talk about new axes without posting some pictures of them. ...So pics, please! Before the natives start lighting torches and sharpening their pitchforks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

(Edit: errr, assuming that's cool outside of the dealer area? ...Not sure. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] )

Comment

All gear reviews must include photos. It's the law. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      None of that stock manufacturer photo crap, and no Photoslop mockups. Only real-deal-Holyfield pics of the actual item(s) being discussed will do [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Satin finish on neck?

Comment

Word has it we're supposed to start receiving our EVH's tomorrow or Monday. I can't wait to see them!

We will also be shipping these out by the date people placed their orders with us. I will be contacting each of you (those that purchased from me) as your guitars become available to give you a heads up.

Woohoo!

Matt
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

they're not supposed to feel like an SD charvy; the neckshape was taken off of his kramers, from what was reported to me back around NAMM time.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'll post some sunlight pixs tommorow. The B&Y is real cool.

Comment

Since I have no idea the neck shape of his Kramers, all I can compare it to is my GMW 5150 - and the shape is similar to the EVH Charvels.

Comment

I am ready for mine!

Comment

Ditto!

Comment

This I'm looking fwd to.
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

SATIN !!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Word has it we're supposed to start receiving our EVH's tomorrow or Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have mail, sir! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think i read somewere that the neck was oiled?
                            An EVH with Laquered neck wouldn´t be right! [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

This is taken directly from the Charvel website.

"Basswood body, bolt-on quartersawn Eastern hard rock maple neck with specially formulated oil finish, Maple fingerboard, 1 5/8" nut width, 22 Jumbo frets, 25 1/2" scale, Custom wound EVH Humbucking pickup, Floyd Rose Original tremolo, Black pickguard, and chrome hardware."

Matt
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                              X