Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 25th anni one off\'s??????

[ QUOTE ]
    "T" your right on with a double cream pickup. I wonder if you could get SD to make one?? The custom 78 pickup in these guitars just smokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Duncan will do just about any pickup in double creme but they have to put a cover on it. They don't advertize this but they will do it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      The SD Seth Lover model pickups are double cream underneath the cover.

[/ QUOTE ]
      Some are, some arent. The chances are 25% DC, 25% Black, 25% Zebra, 25% Reverse Zebra [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      "T" your right on with a double cream pickup. I wonder if you could get SD to make one?? The custom 78 pickup in these guitars just smokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Duncan will do just about any pickup in double creme but they have to put a cover on it. They don't advertize this but they will do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There´s a way to improve your chances of getting DC Duncans: Order one with "lightly soldered covers". ´78 is a Custom Shop Job anyway, almost all others are also available with one, and those that "officially" aren´t are as well as "Shop Floor Customs" for a minimal Upcharge.

As we all (should) know, Dimarzio Trademarked Double cream a few years back, not exactly in a show of fair business practice BTW, which is why I refuse to even try one since then).

So, duncan has to sell Double creams with a cover, like most other manufacturers. And goshdarnit, sometimes those buggers just plain fall off, and for some reason most of those have Double cream. Must be some sort of strange reaction between the cream bobbins and the solder [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

K...K...Klorine...MMmmmnnnnn [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I have a double creme EVH pickup that I landed on Ebay for $125....never install and with the SD custom shop paperwork too....

So...they can be gotten. This did not have a chrome cover on it at all

Comment

I've gotten "Production Floor Custom" double cremes & the chrome covers weren't soldered at all.

Comment

Love the blue one. With a floyd and a double creme that would be a picture perfect guitar!

Comment

Working...
              X