1995 San Dimas Reissues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1995 San Dimas Reissues

There were about 50 made with the Jackson neckplate. they were the first one's made and the Charvel plates were not ready. Most of them also have the skunk stripe on the back of the neck while the others don't. I have bought, sold, and traded these for five years and I can't remember anything but an OFR on them. But that doesn't mean they didn't use the Schallers. I just picked up a Surfcaster with the reissue neckplate and USA logo on the headstock. They made a lot of interesting variations. The SD3w with the lacewood top that sold on e-bay last week was the first one I've seen set up like that. and the one a member has for sale discussed above is a unique one also. JMO Dana

Comment

ive got a sd3w with a trans red finish over lacewood with a wilk trem and don lace pickups. it plays great, really nice guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        ive got a sd3w with a trans red finish over lacewood with a wilk trem and don lace pickups. it plays great, really nice guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3w's with Lace pickups and black backs were a limited run specifically for guitar center. There were 30 of each color made with that set-up
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Thread hijack! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]Back to the issue, from the reponses above, we seem to still have a divided camp on what should be stock equipment on the SD reissues. Based on the Charvel ads, a buyer should be getting an original Floyd Rose, not a trem that states "Jackson, Licensed by Floyd Rose, Made in Germany by Schaller."Bottom line is that if I'm going to buy something advertised as all original, I want to make damn sure that's what I'm getting. Finally, if the Schaller is every bit as good as an OFR, why wasn't that product advertised by Charvel? Granted, I know nothing about Schaller trems, but I do know that I've played numerous guitars that had "Licensed by" trems and they don't come close to the quality of an OFR.

[/ QUOTE ]Schaller makes the Original Floyd Roses FOR Floyd, as well as making licensed copies for Jackson. The materials are the same, but Jackson can order Schallers in quantity for less than they'd pay Floyd for the same quantity of OFRs. You seem to think all the licensed Floyds are the same, being made in a pigiron factory in China. That's not the case; there are a number of copiesof comparable quality as well as a number of poor quality. ESP makes better Jackson copies than Memphis or Series 10 did, see how that goes? Same in the world of licensed Floyds.I doubt you'd find many who think the Schaller Floyds are of lesser quality than the OFR. There will always be one or two who have a burr up their a$$ though.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Also, Charvel/Jackson has been well known in its general history for using equivalent parts
            if they run out of something to keep production going. Hence the Jackson plates on some of these guitars, which was also probably not advertised, yet is known to be true.

I don't know if these ads had this disclaimer, but many have very fine print saying "specifications subject to change without notice". That means they can change the ingredients as long as they're giving you substantially the same thing.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X