Wow! Smoking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wow! Smoking.

Yea Divorce will take all your Charvel and Jackson away.
    Whoever thinking of getting married soon, should hide everything in a storage.
    [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

My Fiance is A-OK with my guitars. I'm just sighing because this is yet another sighting of charvels for sale in shops and I still don't have mine.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

I feel your pain, Tekky. I had been trying to get my custom Charvel order in since February-ish. A work order wasn't done until like May or June-ish. And, to top it off, then I had to move it over to another dealer in July. All of which, I'd guess, has added months to the already-long normal build times. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

And the specs are pretty straight-forward simple, too. Heck, except for the finish and the then-non but now-standard nut width, I could've just done it as a USA Standard order.

Comment

I thought the estimate time got shorter like what Jackson said earlier this year(like 3-6months?) then I am not even receiving my order yet.
          I placed it in last Feb too.
          The big red hasn't arrived yet as well..
          Waiting for 2 custom shop guitars is pain.
          [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Reducing the build times for custom orders was the plan - they were shooting for 4 months-ish, I think. And then reality set in. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Not sure what happened to change all that. But, from what I hear, custom build times are now the same as or a little bit worse than before. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I can't speak to Big Red, though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Not sure what happened to change all that.

[/ QUOTE ]

A large amount of orders, perhaps? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Uh... Nope. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

You said you weren't sure, so shut up, Wrong Info Boy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

That's one great looking guitar!! I'd like to get my hands on that one for sure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          You said you weren't sure, so shut up, Wrong Info Boy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing deductive reasoning skills on you there, Holmes my boy. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I may not know the reasons (<--- notice plural) for the increased custom build time issue, but I do know that it isn't because they got a humungous increase in custom orders. I specifically asked that question. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Not to mention that - in my case - months were likely added because it took that long just to get the damn order placed and into the build queue. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] ...Otherwise, I can deal with the long build time itself. I expect that.

Comment

I was told by a reliable source that that guitar was supposed to have appeared at the summer Namm show.however it was not completed on time. I was also told that it was built by Mike Shannon himself.

Comment

Yep, heard the same. And that's why it has above-usual $$$ on it.

Comment

I can imagine all these EVH Art Series pushed everything else aside.

Comment

Working...
                                X