Van Halen Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Van Halen Charvels

I'm sure they would have gone for more than $15K if that was the starting price...
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Generally I just read on the board and I have not read much of what will happen after this run of EVH 'art' series is done. Does anyone know if Fender/Jackson/Charvel has plans to do larger production runs of these which are not played or painted by Ed in just a 'standard' black & yellow, black & white or multicolored scheme? It would seem like the next logical step. EVH could continue getting royalties (or whatever !) and perhaps the rest of us could maybe get (and I stress maybe) one of these for a grand or something reasonable thereabout. Thanks for any info !!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        these are not for normal income people, hell these are not for upper income people. these are for filthy rich money falling out of there ass people, its just that simple. if you got shitloads of cash 15 grand for somthing to hang on your wall to impress your middle aged rich buddys is not a big deal.if you make a regular wage and are married with 2 kids than it seems crazy.check some of the prices on some of the other crap wealthy people buy, compare a brooks brothers suit to a mens warehouse suit. this is just the way life is if your Bill Gates you buy one of these and your son uses it to take lessons.

[/ QUOTE ] You can be loaded financially and not be duped by what is thought by many to be an ill timed scheme by the corporation that owns the magic brand of Charvel. A lot of "rich" people didn't get that way making foolish financial moves. Not to be confused with people that lease expensive cars and live in debt beyond their means struggling to sustain a false superfiscial appearance. F that. Gee, maybee if David Lee Roth dies, my old spandex pants will be worth millions! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          EVH could continue getting royalties (or whatever !) and perhaps the rest of us could maybe get (and I stress maybe) one of these for a grand or something reasonable thereabout. Thanks for any info !!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see that. Even if Eddie was willing to do it royalty free, I think it's highly unlikely we'll see any strathead Charvel for around a grand.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            He looked like a bad Chris Farley impersonation. Funny as all hell.
            My buddies and I laughed all through his set.
            Later we commented how talented he was, but man what a hairy sweater he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

for the record, I LOVE Yngwie. I did see him recently at the Greek back in October 2003 during the G3 tour. I'd say that his fingers looked like sausages over a scalloped finger board. His sound outright sucked. But then again, it was mixed to feature Satriani's new JSX PV - whhatever. during the final jam, Yngwie dominated, sonically, technically and tonally. From a physical perspective, 2 skinny guys like Satch and Vai, never stood chance at muscling any stage away from that FOOOOOOOOKING Sweedish FUUUUUUURRRRRY!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Do the nay sayers here think that Clapton's strats are worth $400000.00 or more? His guitars are no different than these EVH guitars are, they're just wood, wire and metal. Yet one of Claptons guitars recently sold for over $900000.00. Granted these are Claptons personal guitars, but when you look at it this way the EVH hand striped (which are also signed and played by Eddie) guitars are a bargain at $15000.00.

Keep in mind, these EVH's will probably skyrocket in value if anything ever happens to Mr Van Halen. From an investment standpoint, they're probably a good purchase.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

In the December issue of Guitar World the Buyer of the Clapton "Blackie" Strat is revealed. None other than Guitar Center! The price for "Blackie"-$959,500. They also bought Clapton's red ES-335 for $847,500. And finally topped it off with SRV's "Lenny" Strat for which they Paid $623,500. A grand total of $2,430,500 [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

They said they didn't want the guitars to end up in the hands of private collectors and they will develop a plan for the guitars to travel the country and be displayed for free.

Chris
              Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

When the word hit that we bought Blackie at the auction my then Dept mgr called the Hollywood store to try to get it transfered. It was frikkin hilarious. The guy was like "um No you cant transfer blackie you ass" and hung up on him.
                there was a lot of other conversation hat took place between Dave and the guy at Hollywood but that was the jist of it. Pretty funny we thought.
                Gil

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Does anyone know if Fender/Jackson/Charvel has plans to do larger production runs of these which are not played or painted by Ed in just a 'standard' black & yellow, black & white or multicolored scheme?

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Yes, there will be production models but they list for $3299! And Yngwie may be a fat bastard now but I saw him on G3 in DC last Nov. and he was tearing it up!
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

if you got it to spend, why not...one could spend their money a lot worse for sure....though you wont get approx $13k over a new charvel from me to have eddie simply tape a guitar off ,... I believe his heart is in the right place in doing this for fans ,but its obvious he aint losing on the deal...I wonder what the hourly rate works out for him messing around taping a body.???.......I went to the evh art site and it appears they are all one offs ,no 2 exactly being the same, which in a way is cool if your not picky for an exact replica.....
                    "eddies guitars really carry the single most recognizable graphic associated with a player ever"........... personally, I would rather spend large for a vintage charvel s-head with the correct original graphic, then a reissue taped by eddie...
                    when eddie decides to hang it up, or passes away..it would only seem natural that anything eddie himself made/built would eventually be worth big money to one that is either star struck or a collector of celeb art, so the intial investment whatever that may be, is likely nominal... the last guitar in the series/tour will probably hit astronomical ebay figures ...............
                    I have had a few original charvel and wayne evh graphic guitars and the same thing happened to everyone of them, I sold them, because I looked/felt like a jag parading around the house with "eddies" graphic on "my" guitar...I certainly wouldnt gig an eddie graphic'd guitar in public......I am not 15 years old anymore and I love to play ALL the guitars I have.... vintage or new , man they get played/gigged and do leave the house no matter how nice they are.................... for the longest time I really wanted to add a crossed swords or a correct lynch tiger,to go with the evh stuff I had... I went through a phase as I am sure many have, where they want a replica of their heroes guitars and theres nothing wrong with that ... but when you add up all the graphics from so many players, you could spend a small fortune on guitars you'd be afraid to put miles on.............would I buy one if it was reasonable ? of course,especially the swords, for some reason I dont feel so stupid parading around the house in my underwear with that one !!! ...... everyone is entitled to a "glass case guitar" .... or, if you dont mind looking and not touching so much , & having unlimited funds to spend, a house full of them !!! john

Comment

One would be sadly missing the point to assess the value of these EVH guitars based on the value of the physical components that went into it.

Did you ever see the Sat Night Live skit with Jon Lovitz where he plays Picasso and pays for everything by scribbling on scraps of paper? Why is Barry Bonds 700th home run ball worth a couple of hundred thousand dollars?

Picasso scribblings, home run balls, evh guitars...completely follows the supply/demand model. It's the element of uniqueness and rarity that bestow value onto these seemingly everyday physical objects...not the actual raw materials.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
                      X