fluff - Charvels pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fluff - Charvels pic

it had been a while since I logged into the good ol' JCForum. I hope everyone is well and playing a lot! Haven't had a Jackson since I sold off my '87 CS Soloist (mistake) but now I have a reason to return.
    Just a gratuitous pic of my current guitars; a DK24 USA and a Custom Shop relic. Just got the DK and need to setup with 10s, but so far it's stellar and has a RIPPING neck. The blonde on the right is a killer too. Anyway, Cheers.

very nice! love the strat! did you order it or pick it up secondhand?

Comment

The strat I scored off of Reverb. I considered swapping in some hotter pickups, but this just SINGS for bluesy stuff and clean tones. Maybe a 3rd guitar is a better idea!

Comment

Nice! What pickups in them?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Nice! What pickups in them?
          the strat has an EVH in the bridge + DiMarzio Area 61 single coil
          the DK is stock, so I believe a Full Shred + SD Alnico II

Comment

I love that strat, and I bet they both sound incredible through that Boogie.

Comment

Originally posted by N1CK View Post

the strat has an EVH in the bridge + DiMarzio Area 61 single coil
              the DK is stock, so I believe a Full Shred + SD Alnico II
              Cool. Bet they sound great!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

they both sound great, and quite different from each other. I'm thinking about some hotter pickups in the DK but I'm not sure.
                anyway, thanks guys. it's good to be back!

the boogie is fantastic. I had a Mk V a long time ago, and think I prefer this 35w model to the 90w.

Comment

I kind of ignored all the dk24's charvel has been doing in the past few years because traditionally I've been more about "meaner" guitars. but lately I've really been itching for something which is sleek and flexible and elegant. probably from looking at too many tom andersons, lol. anyway, I find myself eyeing the dk24 way more now. I just wish there was a dk22 with an HSS layout. I always get confused when playing 24 frets

Comment

Originally posted by N1CK View Post
                    it had been a while since I logged into the good ol' JCForum. I hope everyone is well and playing a lot! Haven't had a Jackson since I sold off my '87 CS Soloist (mistake) but now I have a reason to return.
                    Just a gratuitous pic of my current guitars; a DK24 USA and a Custom Shop relic. Just got the DK and need to setup with 10s, but so far it's stellar and has a RIPPING neck. The blonde on the right is a killer too. Anyway, Cheers.
                    I have been debating picking up one of those new DK24s myself.

How low do you have the action set?

How would you say the quality of the neck compares to your old Jackson CS soloist? (I have an old Jackson Dinky CS, with action close to 1mm across the fretboard from low E to high E.)

Comment

Very nice
                      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I really like the DK24's even though I'm not a fan of non-floyded guitars. Yours being a USA it comes with stainless steel frets and name brand locking tuners and a nice trans cap and body binding. Really nice guitars!
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                        X