Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets have some fun - help spec a Custom Strathead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets have some fun - help spec a Custom Strathead!

As you may remember, long ago I had hoped to pull together a special limited run of custom Charvel stratheads. Of course, there is still no way Charvel (cough...FMIC...cough) will allow custom stratheads, so it was a no-go. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

However, given the new JCF Board's new polling format, I thought it might be FUN to try spec'ing one out by polling, anyway.

Over the next few days, I'd post a series of questions to narrow down the specs of a special run of custom Charvel stratheads. Specs will be decided by majority vote. If a clear majority doesn't emerge, a run off vote of the most popular options will be done.

In the hopes of trying to make this as "real world" as possible, please consider the following:

1) If you don't think you'd actually buy such a guitar because it doesn't appeal to you, would be too expensive or whatever, please don't vote on the polls.

However, posting your preferences or whatever in words throughout the threads is fine and encouraged. Just please don't vote in the actual polls themselves if you wouldn't actually buy one. This way, we're limiting the voting "decision makers" to the actual hypothetical participants.

2) In your voting decisions, COST should be a factor! Again, trying to make this as "real world" as possible.

3) Assume that you are (hypothetically) locked-in to buying whatever the majority votes spec out. No matter what. No backing out.

No, there is no "secret project" in the works or anything like that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color="yellow"> This is purely to have some fun and has no real world intentions! </font>

...Hopefully, we get enough responses to actually make it fun. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And - who knows? - we might get lucky and the folks at J/C will read this stuff and take it into consideration for future product planning. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Sound like fun? ...Questions to follow. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Lets have some fun - help spec a Custom Strathead!

well...it'd take me some time to come up with the moolah (then again i could just sell my jackson strat head to charvel junkie...hmmm...don't get any ideas dude...lol)...

mine would look like this...
    1 humbucker in bridge
    1 s/c in neck
    floyd rose
    1 volume
    1 3 pickup selector
    1 3/4" nut width
    wide and flat neck
    natural headstock
    finish?...probably snow white or even a reliced white would be nice...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

DM, do you approach sex with a hottie the same way? Do a little foreplay first. Don't blow your wad right away.

j/k! Wait for the poll questions, man. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Strathead limited could only happen if there are large #s of orders with the same specs.
        Let's say....50 or 100?
        So good idea to start with very simple specs such as 1 hum,Alder or Poplar body,1pc Maple neck,Floyd non recessed and solid color to lower the cost.

I think this forum is the best place to raise our voices and opinions about possibility of Strathead limited.
        Maybe they will consider it.
        Let's hope this to happen.

Good luck!
        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

just having fun...and i'm married [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Strathead limited could only happen if there are large #s of orders with the same specs. Let's say....50 or 100?

[/ QUOTE ]

My original thought was they might allow a smaller limited run (10 or 12) like OSG and other dealers have done with USA Selects, especially if we were paying near-full custom shop pricing. Not so large as 50 to 100, like the 25th or Bullseye Retros. You likely couldn't that large a group.

And, yeah, we will start polling with the most basic questions. Body style, then PU arrangement, etc.

Comment

Given the selling prices of the EVH Art series and the 25th Anniversary models, you might have a hard time getting a Strathead, except at full Custom Shop pricing ($5000-$8000 street price)

The EVH guitars are Investment Grade like the 25th, and a large part of that investment value is the rarity of the Strathead, and FMIC will be the ones who decide what gets a Strathead, and at what price.

Guys, please, give up on the Strathead idea. FMIC has already seen a thousand times over that there is a market of buyers for Stratheads, and so far they've twisted both opportunities to reach a larger, deeper-pocketed market instead of appeasing the standard USA Charvel market. Don't throw them any more "special edition Stratheads" business - if they want it, let them come to you.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc. Seriously, bud. What part of "This is purely to have some fun and has no real world intentions!" didn't you understand? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I won't even touch disagreeing with other parts of your post because of the above. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

And, no, I did NOT mean we would pay full custom shop LIST PRICE. I meant the typical discounted custom shop pricing. i.e., vs. trying to get a group USA Select-ish pricing, which went the way of the do-do long ago anyway.

Comment

In the "just for fun" spirit of the thread, do you know what is the difference between a Custom Strathead and a Fender Strat with a Charvel logo?

Answer #1: none, they are both impossible to obtain.

Answer # 2: none, they are the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X