Charvel San Dimas V Specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel San Dimas V Specs?

I just checked mine and the serial number is next to yours. Mine has a twenty two fret neck. It appears to be more square on the end than yours. Yours is more rounded similar to a Fender neck. I checked mine and it appears to overlap the pickguard enough that you could cut and refinish it but I don't know what the advantage would be.I just checked the neck again and mine ends even with the pickguard screw below it. Yours appears to be cut shorter. There is about one quarter inch between the neck and the pickup on mine. The previous owner may have changed it when he removed the logo on the headstock or ? Hope it helps, Dana

Comment

Interesting stuff, Dana. Thanks!
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] That headstock does not look right to me. And 21 frets? I'm thinking that neck ain't Charvel. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Cool guitar, though. If the price is right, I'd nab it anyway.

Comment

I think the bottom edge of the headstock is cut off, so the 22nd fret may be cut off as well.
          $770??!? Run, don't walk, away.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I asked him about the serial nukmber and he told me it's 002241.

[/ QUOTE ]
            002241 is in the lookbook as a sd reissue under jackson #002241. the model is illegible, but it says wilk and a date of 10/27/94. i used to have 002210 (hi Dana...sorry again about your tragedy) and 002239. they were V's (5's). nice guitars. 002242,43 and 44 are all clearly marked t-burst V's. 43 and 44 are marked as stolen and so is 002218, a dinky flames.

Comment

Thanks!

Where is this lookbook you're talking about? I'd like to give it a look.

Rodrigo
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Thanks!

Where is this lookbook you're talking about? I'd like to give it a look.

Rodrigo

[/ QUOTE ]

it's in fender's vaults now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. i was able to get a couple of pages from it some time ago.

Comment

both of my V's had 22 frets and squared ends.

Comment

Working...
                  X