Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Crossed Swords Question

Hi All,

My buddy has a 2006 (I think), Charvel Warren Demartini Crossed Swords guitar. I'm a huge fan and have the opportunity to buy it as he needs cash, however, my question is this.

Every one I have seen does not have Custom Shop on the front of the headstock and this one doesn't have Warren's signature on the back of the headstock. It says Custom shop towards the end of front of headstock and no signature on back...both of those seem to be contrary to every other one I've seen. Is this the real deal or a fake? He is not original owner so assumed it's the real deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

Pics are needed.

Comment

Alibaba, perhaps?

Comment

2006 is when the DeMartini production line was released. I've heard that Charvel initially ran 15 each (not counting the prototypes for NAMM) of the crossed swords, blood drip, and bomber and those are the ones that have the Custom Shop logo on the headstock. Warren's signature should be on the back of the headstock but I have seen a couple from that initial batch without his signature. I've been keeping a log of these WDM Charvels (just for fun) and I have 4 in my log without a signature (2 of which are crossed swords). So, yes, it's possible that the crossed swords you are looking at could have the Custom Shop logo and no signature on the back.

Does it come with the hang tag and signed promo card of Warren? Let me the serial number and I can see if I have it in my log already.

Comment

How much is your buddy asking for it? If he is asking a lot, you better be careful and post a lot of pictures here to let the experts make sure it is legit. I don't know if these might have markings in the neck pocket. The experts will let you know if you should pull the neck off.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
            2006 is when the DeMartini production line was released. I've heard that Charvel initially ran 15 each (not counting the prototypes for NAMM) of the crossed swords, blood drip, and bomber and those are the ones that have the Custom Shop logo on the headstock. Warren's signature should be on the back of the headstock but I have seen a couple from that initial batch without his signature. I've been keeping a log of these WDM Charvels (just for fun) and I have 4 in my log without a signature (2 of which are crossed swords). So, yes, it's possible that the crossed swords you are looking at could have the Custom Shop logo and no signature on the back.

Does it come with the hang tag and signed promo card of Warren? Let me the serial number and I can see if I have it in my log already.
            Thx everybody. It does have hang tag but no signed promo card. He wants $1500 for it, have no idea if that's a good price or not. Serial number is C7282, thanks for checking!
            Last edited by guy777; 06-28-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

The early DeMartini guitars made in 2006 (and four late 2005 pieces) have the "custom shop" logo, but the later ones don't have it.

Coincidentally I have a big collection of Charvel hangtag photos
              If the hangtag looks exactly like this, it's legit. Otherwise it's fake

Last edited by busdriver; 06-28-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Yep, the hang tag matches exactly! I don't know if price discussion is allowed on this forum, but he wants $1500 from me which is less than he would take from anybody else. Is that a fair price for this? It's tough to find many comps for this!

Comment

Nice. I'd say that's a good price for one.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by busdriver View Post
                    The early DeMartini guitars made in 2006 (and four late 2005 pieces) have the "custom shop" logo, but the later ones don't have it.

Coincidentally I have a big collection of Charvel hangtag photos
                    If the hangtag looks exactly like this, it's legit. Otherwise it's fake

That's fuggin' awesome right there! I'd agree that $1,500.00 is a good deal.

Comment

Well, now that I know guitar is legit, gonna get it from my buddy tomorrow. Worked out an even better deal than above mentioned price! Really stoked for this one...long time PRS guy, but this one will be special. Will post NGD pics tomorrow in separate thread!

Thanks all for your help on this one, much appreciated! ...and not sure how you have pics of the hang tags, but I'm so glad you did, thanks a ton sir!

Comment

Is that the one on Reverb?
                        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                        X