Tell me about the 2005 pointy reissue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the 2005 pointy reissue

I have the 2005 Reissue on its way. I searched everywhere I could online for info and was hoping to find more info.

What I have heard is that these were limited and not in catalogs, only fliers to dealers so there is no info there and that these are in between USA production quality and Custom Shop.

Some have said they are made in the same place, with the same materials and by the same people as the custom shop.

Mine is the single Hum/Ebony board. Has 22 frets and a Duncan Custom which I believe is stock and a Floyd.

Is there anything else you guys know about these or anything I posted that is incorrect?

Has the 6xxx serial number.
    Last edited by maddnotez; 03-01-2018, 12:34 PM.

They're custom shop guitars. Some one-offs, some done in small batches that went to dealers. Sounds like your's may be the latter, especially if it's in one of the standard colors - white, Ferrari red, black, and candy blue. They offered other color and finish options - solids, flame tops, graphics, etc - but these were mostly done as customer special orders. VTs and Floyd's, and different PU layouts were also offered as options.

Great guitars, and great feeling necks. Some had issues with clearcoats lifting on the headstocks, though, so look out for that.

Comment

The clearcoat thing is what I remember them for. Otherwise solid guitars Ive heard.

Comment

Mine is black and I asked the seller about the clear coat issues before I paid and he said no issues there. Paid $800. Not.mint but looks to be in VGC. I'll see Monday when it arrives.

He said he thinks the stock pickup is a Duncan Custom.

Comment

It's probably a Custom 5, that's what was standard.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            That's actually really awesome if so. The description of that pickup sounds perfect for me.

Comment

I have a reissue in black, single hum, Floyd. and I love it. it is like a great quality model 2. the clear coat and head stock cap are as new, no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                Should be a Custom 5. That's what was in my 2005 Star (black, Floyd, HH, maple board). I actually would have preferred a Custom.
                It got swapped out for a DiMarzio Tone Zone, though.
                Mine also had a 4-digit neck plate. Did some of them have 6 digits?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Should only be 4

Comment

I have one of the Dweezil green small batch CS. My main guitar that has had the hell played out of it and many Jager shots & beer splashed on it. I added a D-Tuna a few years ago. A lesser made guitar would now be a clock. Some paint is chipping and it is in need of a fret job. An incredible guitar. I search from time to time for one of the sub camos. I wish I would have gotten on board with one of those rather than sinking a ton of wasted money in my 69' Camaro.

Comment

I picked up a black HSS with floyd around 3 years ago. It has the clearcoat issue with the headstock but it has never developed any further so it doesn’t bother me. I had to get the neck shimmed as the action wasn’t great. I don’t like it really low but it was ridiculously high. It seemed like the neck pocket was cut for a vintage vibrato rather than a floyd.
                      The shim did the trick and it plays great. The neck is amazing on it. It makes me want to sand back the necks on all my other guitars.
                      Power chords...what more do you need?!

Comment

Working...
                      X