Wow! Best Charvel ... NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Best Charvel ... NGD

I am a Guitar collector and within my collection I have a fair number of "shredder" guitars many of which are made by either Jackson or Charvel over a wide range of years and produced in several different countries. I also have those made by Washburn, Aria, Ibanez etc.

well I just bought this Lacewood Charvel from 1995, made in USA, Custom wound Dimarzios, curly maple neck, original FR etc.

it is almost scary how good it is and as much as I like many of my other SHRED guitars , this guitar just feels qualitatively different and better.

I cant find an icepicky tone, or a muddy one anywhere. It's very responsible, and the crunch cleans up linearly with decreased volume . It feels refined and alive and is incredibly beautiful.

i don't know if all made in USA Charvels are this good, but wow

And I can't believe how inexpensively it was sold to me and what superlative condition it is along with the Jackson case

Now I'm thinking about one of the Koa ones

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Beautiful lacewood! If you don't mind, how much did you end up paying for this killer deal?

Comment

$945 with case , shipped

love it at any price

Comment

Quality USA guitar for under a grand. Can never argue with that. Congrats!

Comment

Hell of a deal! Looks great, congrats!
          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by Supahstrat View Post
            Now I'm thinking about one of the Koa ones

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]
            I have a Koa SD Reissue (but with Wilkinson trem) and it's the best sounding axe among the guitars I have
            The Super3 (They are not custom wound Dimarzios in the Reissues) is responsible for a lot of that, it showed a similar improvement over the JB in my RR1
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Very exotic!!

The ~'95 Charvel USA guitars had some SERIOUS mojo! Too bad they only made them for such a short time. Love my '95 Koa.
              '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
              '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
              '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
              '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
              '90 Charvel 475 XL
              '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
              Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
              Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
              Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Score! Right up there with Koa, all day! Nice find.

Comment

That guitar will hang with the best of them. I don't dig the head stock, but that is irrelevant, the sand dimas IV etc.... models are KILLER.

Comment

Very nice, fyi you have a birds eye maple neck not curly maple.

Comment

Anyone here knows what size allen/hex key fits for the truss rod nut? I just got my 3rd 1995 Charvel and none of these came with the truss rod wrench. With the crazy weather in CA, all three need adjustments and none of my regular allen wrenches fit these

Comment

Working...
                      X