Paint on my CS is chipping off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint on my CS is chipping off

Twenty of us bought these. 2005 Small batch, Dweezil green, CS San Dimas. I play mine live ALL THE TIME. It is my workhorse so I expect some wear, but this recent chipping is spreading and getting worse. Anyone else have these issues? My guitar guy put some Superglue in the gaps to help stop the spreading.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/954871.../shares/f56D21

https://www.flickr.com/photos/954871.../shares/22nV16

https://www.flickr.com/photos/954871.../shares/bP3837

I have #4/10 Reverse HS and the paint is flawless, looks as new. I gig with it all the time and am very careful (as with all my guitars) not to bump it on anything.

Comment

Looks like moisture got in there and swelled the wood.
      Once moisture gets in there (sweat, humidity, etc), its only a matter of time.
      I can see rust on the neck screws in the second pic. She definitely got wet.
      Has the neck ever been taken off the guitar? Looks like the paint is almost crushed under the neck plate.
      -Rick

Comment

Yeah, moisture swelling caused the screws to be too tight and exacerbated the chipping.

Every time I string change a bolt on, I always check neck plate screw tension so it's snug and not too tight. I always thought that was me just being too anal, but now I see this I'm glad I check. lol
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Maybe the neck has been taken off. I can't remember. As far as moisture, maybe small amounts of beer and Jager. No great flood. Oh well.. it still plays great.

Comment

Shouldn't there be some base coat??? It almost looks like someone sprayed over a clear coat.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
              Shouldn't there be some base coat??? It almost looks like someone sprayed over a clear coat.

joe...
              Yeah, almost seems like they forgot it
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

There is a spot on it (I did not photograph since it was a accidental ding) that shows a white primer coat. The chipping areas clearly show a black body.

Comment

Those Dweezils are cool, sorry for your trouble. So what kind of body wood is that??

Comment

Working...
                  X