Help identifying 4-digit Serial Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
    Shreddermon and others are correct - it's a parts guitar made with Charvel parts. The headstock was refinished by Dan Lawrence to match the body. Here's a thread back from 2012 with details and pics of that guitar when it was completed by a member here.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/131...ght=copperhead
    and BOOM goes the dynamite.....great detective skills Johnny! these forums contain LOTS of knowledge....

Comment

Originally posted by voodoosound View Post
      I guess he didn't like the answer of the actual facts being pointed out. Not even a half assed decent attempt at faking a Charvel. The contours aren't even correct for the plate it's sporting. And the neck is an absolute joke. Not even taking into account the ping tuners.
      Well, it's not a fake Charvel, just put together with different Charvel parts.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Great detective work. So, was that plate on there all along (from the build)?

Comment

I wonder why the plate looks cocked to one side?

Comment

Duh, I neglected to read the discovery post. Anyway, I tried to find out what serial
            3107 was and I couldn't find anything. Curious what it once was.
            Last edited by ps43203; 09-16-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Hi the mystery is solved it was my guitar . It's a 2000's USA Charvel,body . Jackson employee sold my the raw unfinished usa charvel neck . I then sent it to Dan Lawrence and he matched it perfectly . The parts were from a pro mod . The case is a tsa Charvel form fitted case . The neck pocket was a bitch to get just right.the neck plate from coloradoman.

Comment

Dan Lawrence also slightly oiled the back of the neck

Comment

It was not an attempt to make a fake . I built it for my own pleasure. And then a trade came along locally,and he is the one who really wanted it . The plate was warped but it was put on really well. JB/Jazz setup .
                  If,I knew who had it I'd buy it back in a heartbeat .

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1970 View Post
                    It was not an attempt to make a fake . I built it for my own pleasure. And then a trade came along locally,and he is the one who really wanted it . The plate was warped but it was put on really well. JB/Jazz setup .
                    If,I knew who had it I'd buy it back in a heartbeat .
                    The original poster apparently has it, but I guess he doesn't want to come back and reply. I guess send him a message.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X