Warren D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren D

how do I tell a pro-mod version from a USA? Do the pro-mods have 6 digit serials? Anything else obvious? The promod has chrome hardware and duncan designed right? (can be swapped for the 'good' stuff I know)

Am I right to say the promod never has a matching head, but the US always does?
    Last edited by neilli; 06-24-2016, 12:06 PM.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

I believe the promods also have the "good stuff" and not the design pickups so serial number would be the way to verify

Comment

Seems like only the US guitars have the sig on the back of the head. Serial seems to say US..

Comment

If you're talking about the 2016 Warren Snake, it looks like the USA one has a matching headstock, "Made in USA" under the Charvel headstock logo, and black hardware, while the Mexican one doesn't have the matching headstock, doesn't say the country of manufacture under the Charvel headstock logo, and it also has chrome hardware.

Comment

Stating the obvious, the crossed swords and bomber are USA only, so the brown python and blood drip and skull are the only 2 models with a USA and pro mod. Out of the factory, all the USA models had black hardware while the pro mods had chrome. As you pointed out though, the hardware could be swapped as well as a neck plate. NOP is correct also, look at the logo on the headstock for a "Made in USA". Here's a couple other things I look at:

The USA blood drip did not have a truss rod wheel at the last fret and, if you can get a close up of the graphic, would have "DRL" and "GM" in lower right of the details of the cross bones.

As for the brown python, USA version has a matching headstock but there may have been some earlier pro mods that also had matching headstocks. Pretty much all the ones I see now have a blank maple headstock. Also, look at the colors of the snakeskin graphic. The USA version has dark brown or black centers (see top pic) where as the pro mod has lighter center areas (see lower pic). I know lighting can make a difference when they take a pic but generally the pro mods have lighter brown and (almost) orangy/copper colors in the graphics. FYI, both of these pics come from TMZ so you can see the differences from a vendor using the same camera setup.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks guys, and John for the detail! Seems like the guitar I found is a USA one, so I'm working on getting it now. My wife is gonna HATE it LOL

Comment

There is one at the guitar shop in Ontario $1499 consignment priced

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                Seems like only the US guitars have the sig on the back of the head. Serial seems to say US..
                I have a MiM "Blood & Skull" Pro-Mod and it has the sig on the back of the headstock.

I've been dying to find a USA "Crossed Swords" model at a decent price. Seems like no one is letting go of those...

Comment

I'm currently looking as well. You can find them, but you gonna pay!

Comment

Which shop? And Ontario as in Canada ?

disregard, I figured it out...
                    Last edited by Mfranzdorf; 09-21-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

How do you like the MIM?

Comment

I have a MIM WDM Promod Snake. It has the same pups as the USA model but has a Korean FRT1000 as opposed to a German made unit. It also has the sig on the back of the headstock too. I think the woods are a higher grade on the USA one and the fit and finish are assumedly to a higher standard but to be fair, my Pro Mod is a fantastic guitar. I have not played the USA WDM snake but I would struggle to justify paying all that extra money when the Promod is such a nice guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by zenki200 View Post
                          I have a MIM WDM Promod Snake. It has the same pups as the USA model but has a Korean FRT1000 as opposed to a German made unit. It also has the sig on the back of the headstock too. I think the woods are a higher grade on the USA one and the fit and finish are assumedly to a higher standard but to be fair, my Pro Mod is a fantastic guitar. I have not played the USA WDM snake but I would struggle to justify paying all that extra money when the Promod is such a nice guitar.
                          Agreed, times have changed. When I was a kid, I recall MIJ guitars being looked down upon, but they had proved themselves beyond the shadow of a doubt by the late '80s. MIM and MIK guitars have also done the same, and the prices have gone up accordingly. MII guitars are on the fast track for the same. Just be thankful we live in these times! A $500 dollar guitar used to be a piece o' crap, but now it can be a killer.
                          '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                          '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                          '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                          '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                          '90 Charvel 475 XL
                          '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                          Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                          Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                          Marshall JVM410H

Comment

hi everybody , hope the new year is treating you all well , warren is always great , i was on the monsters of rock cruise oct 2016 RATT ruled i was so close i could see the chips n dings on the crossed swords , and the 4 screw sqaure jack input ! rock on all my friends , the jcf staff , admins , and members , keep on jamming charvels and jacksons , see ya , alz

Comment

Working...
                            X