EVH Charvel PUP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Charvel PUP?

I want to know if the stock EVH 2005 Charvel pick-up is the same as the EVH Frankenstein pup? (I Know that one is 14.4K) I have all three and want to make them a little different from each other......

B/W= Stock EVH Charvel
    B/Y= EVH Wolfgang Bridge
    R/B/W= EVH Frankenstein
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Wow guy's! I thought that this would be THE place to get this question answered............
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

dont think so

Comment

+1. At the time, it was described as a proprietary design just for the Charvels. The EVH Frankie PU came later, when they did the limited run of super-expensive replicas. Don't think they were the same. Also, to my ears, the PU in my old Charvel EVH sounded different than the Wolfgang PU in my EVH striped series.

Comment

Well I got my answer from Charvel them self's..........

EVH Charvel= 15K
          EVH Frankenstein=14.4K
          EVH Wolgang=16K

And that's just the outputs, All three sound different from the highs/mids/lows.........And of course shreddermon, the Charvel EVH is going to sound different than the Wolfgang! That was my point for having 3 different pup's in the 3 Eddie's........

Comment

And thanks Rich#6 for your knowledgeable insight to the question................DB

Comment

I know

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                And thanks Rich#6 for your knowledgeable insight to the question................DB
                What exactly is your problem?
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jhonarnold View Post
                  I know
                  What do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    What exactly is your problem?
                    No problem here, It's just that his comment added no value to the question. (you know, if you got nothing nice to say....................)

Comment

He said he didn't think so, in response to your question if the Charvel pickup is the same as the EVH Frankenstein pickup.

Comment

sorry asshole if I didnt go into how stupid your question was. they may be owned by the same parent company hell same person probably came up with the design by one is CHARVEL and 2 are EVH. Legally they probably can't use the other's designs with out permission(ala back of headstock on every charvel promod). charvel was all about being the hot rodded guitars again. no vintage frankie talk.
                        If you did your homework you would see that the frankie is called a NEW design and is to sound like the frankie pickup.
                        Pat yourself on the back of having a variation in your tone by having 3 guitars made out of basswood with three pickups designed for the same person. You have all three and had to ask if they sounded different?? really? How many of us will have all three to listen to? Answer: just you fan boy.
                        Anything else .....Douche Bag?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                          You have all three and had to ask if they sounded different?? really? How many of us will have all three to listen to? Answer: just you fan boy.
                          Anything else .....Douche Bag?

I have all three GUITARS not the pick-ups! (yet) Hence, my question if the PICK-UPS sounded the same.(not so stupid now) I did my homework and found out they don't. But thanks for elaborating.........

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                            You...do realize he was saying "don't think so" in reply to your original post, not to your complaint that no one jumped to answer, yes?

Comment

Working...
                            X