Help me complete this 10+ year old project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me complete this 10+ year old project

Started this project over 10 years ago and never completed it. I gathered up all the parts(other than the correct tuners) and had it all painted up. I have a new gold Original Floyd lying around somewhere for it, can't seem to find it at the moment, but I can see I already mounted the gold R3 nut years ago. I think the only reason I didn't finish this project was because I wanted to use the correct gold Gotoh crownhead tuners and at the time, they were unobtainable. In the past 10 years, Jackson has made some Grover Jackson Legacy guitars with those tuners so surely they must be available from somewhere ??? The current tuners on the headstock are some old gold Gotohs with the later San Dimas 90 degree mounting holes. I just dropped the tuners onto the headstock, never drilled any mounting holes since I knew I wanted the correct Crownheads.

Does anyone know where I can get a new set of gold Gotoh crownhead tuners with the correct mounting screw orientation ?

What we have here is:

* Mahogany San Dimas Dinky body
    * Full Binding
    * Flame Maple Top
    * Heavily Birdseye'd Maple Strathead neck
    * Ebony Fingerboard
    * Gold Original Floyd Rose
    * 2 Zebra DiMarzio Super Distortions

Last edited by lepard; 07-26-2015, 07:07 PM.

Sorry, can't help you with finding the crownheads but...

Comment

Nice where did u find that neck. Been trying to find a ebony or RW boarded strat headstock forever now.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
        Nice where did u find that neck. Been trying to find a ebony or RW boarded strat headstock forever now.
        C/J employee made to my specs from the original Charvel templates, back before the Fender acquisition.

Comment

oh yeah, you can find those old Gotoh's on other "cheap" guitars. they will be logo'd not plain backs like the charvels had but they are out there.

Comment

Sexy

Comment

You have been remiss in finishing this project, can I take it off your hands? Really...
              It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Well shit, can't even get those gold crownhead tuners from Jackson. Here is their email reply:

"Hello,
                The tuners used on those limited run models were all NOS tuners that we unfortunately no longer have any stock on. These we so limited that we don't even have a parts list for them, only base specs. I would normally try and give you a part number at least but we don't have one for those vintage tuners.
                Regards-
                "

Comment

What finish is that? As in, is it a stock finish?

Comment

Originally posted by JonSick View Post
                    What finish is that? As in, is it a stock finish?
                    I had it painted that way. Told my painter I wanted a vintage Cherry Sunburst, heavy on the reds and oranges with not much yellow.

Comment

I think at this stage... id just slap some other quality tuners on her and call it day...
                      too beautiful to be collecting dust hahaha

Comment

Needs a blank entry serialized plate, don'tchathink? lol

j/k

I think I remember seeing that body way back. Maybe not. Pretty classic Charvel though!
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That guitar needs to be played, now. Too sweet to let it sit any longer.

Comment

I'm going with Grover mini locking 505's (Gold) for the rhoads project, you can get em for 100.00 bucks on Stewmac
                            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Find an older Aria like a ZZ
                              Haters gonna hate
                              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X