Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to gather some info on this "prepro" charvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to gather some info on this "prepro" charvel!

Ive had this guitar personally for 10 years. I accuired it from my aunt who had bought it off a friend in mid 80's that needed rent money. Been trying to research this for years and havent been able to find anything anywhere. Its white black striped pre pro with no serial. Parts wise ive found it seems 79-80 thanks in advance for the help!

i have the volume knob as well, it seems to be prepro era aswell
    Last edited by Tbro239; 07-18-2015, 12:23 PM.

Comment

no one?

Comment

Take the neck off and look for markings on the heel and the neck pocket. Take some pics.

Comment

Welcome..looks pretty good to me. Other than the pickup of course...nice piece..

Comment

aint shit wrong with that pickup ... EMG's deliver the tasty goodness, Welcome to the boards, nice axe. Fook'n Duncan loverz. It needs a tremolo though
            Last edited by Jackson8090s; 07-18-2015, 09:05 PM.
            \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
              aint shit wrong with that pickup ... EMG's deliver the tasty goodness, Welcome to the boards, nice axe. Fook'n Duncan loverz. It needs a tremolo though
              has 6pt trem. Looks like it's got some nice birdseye and flame on the neck.
              Last edited by TKEblue; 07-18-2015, 11:38 PM.
              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                Lol has 6pt trem. Looks like it's got some nice birdseye and flame on the neck.
                Ok, Ok, you knew I meant a FLOYD man ..C'mon that's not a tremolo! Besides * winky face*
                \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

I believe that is from before Jackson acquired Charvel. I remember seeing some under the Charvel logo saying Charvel by Jackson, then it was Jackson/ Charvel right?
                  \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Yeah i figured fhats what you meant. Lol
                    The control route shape seems random esp for a 1 hum 1 vol.
                    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

i was seeing that that route style was 79-80 and if it wasnt copper lined it was later? idk there so many different ones out there.
                      the neck is birdseyes and flame, its got an amazing action. need it refretted badly:/ they are wore to the bones

Comment

Jackson never 'aquired' charvel. Charvel was the startup as a parts company. When the Rhoads came out it was determined that it was such a radical change from Charvel, Grover decided to use the Jackson name. Both brands ran in parallel. Grover licensed charvel in 86 to AMIC for import.

Originally posted by Jackson8090s View Post
                        I believe that is from before Jackson acquired Charvel. I remember seeing some under the Charvel logo saying Charvel by Jackson, then it was Jackson/ Charvel right?
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

The route is reminiscent of a 79 route like the old boogie bodies route. Wayne started out as a parts supplier before a builder.
                          The pickup obviously is not original.
                          As Matt stated remove the neck, take picture of the pocket and the neck heel and post them here.
                          Hard to see but is the neck plate brass or black?

Originally posted by Tbro239 View Post
                          i was seeing that that route style was 79-80 and if it wasnt copper lined it was later? idk there so many different ones out there.
                          the neck is birdseyes and flame, its got an amazing action. need it refretted badly:/ they are wore to the bones
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yeah, +1 on the Boogie Bodies rout. Pop that neck off!

Comment

It's a Boogie body and most likely a Boogie neck. There is nothing "Charvel" on that guitar other than the fake logo. On the neck, notice the wrong shape on the ball end. it's possible those parts were bought from Wayne Charvel back around 1978-79.

Comment

Working...
                              X