Redlands made Desolation Star serial #0019. new to group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redlands made Desolation Star serial #0019. new to group

I have a Desolation Star that has WC #0019 with Redlands, CA USA on the neck. I am looking for any info /history about this guitar.

Well, that's not a desolation star according to the plate. It's a Wayne Charvel made guitar from after he left the company.

Pics would help. Smile, you just went from a modern import to a vintage USA (most likely).

Comment

IIRC, around 200 or so of the W.C., Redlands guitars were built, and they were made with parts sourced from Boogie Bodies and/or Warmoth. Pics would definitely be cool. What headstock shape does it have? Strathead or Explorer?

Comment

Nowadays EVERY Charvel w/a pickguard is called a "So-Cal"....every Star is a "desolation"....etc....

Comment

Would like to see pics of this one!

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
            Nowadays EVERY Charvel w/a pickguard is called a "So-Cal"....every Star is a "desolation"....etc....
            This is a blessing in disguise, as the market will soon be saturated with clueless sellers, not knowing what they have and selling them far below market value. USAs for import prices once again!
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Doubtful. More like imports for USA prices or worse
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

I used to have one of those Redlands, CA Wayne Charvel Stars. It was a very mediocre guitar. Wayne didn't even bother to take the time to sand off the Warmoth symbols on the body and neck.

Comment

sorry for delay. Was "redlandscharvel" had a computer changer over and am now "desolateguitar". Thanks for your interest. I am presently trying to figure how to up-load my pictures here. When, I do -I will send along some pictures. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for your interest. Had some computer difficulties, and am now back as "desolateguitar". The redlands 0019 guitar is in the profile picture. Am looking to put more pictures on- when I figure out how- I will post some more. Thanks again. Look to communicating further with you.

Comment

Will try to get pictures , when I discover how. Thanks and please notice- I am now "desolateguitar" rather then "redlandscharvel", but "we" are one in the same person. Thanks.

Comment

You need to have the pics hosted somewhere, like Photobucket...then link them here.

Comment

pictures of Redlands Charvel #0019

http://s1193.photobucket.com Will post better pics soon

Comment

Working...
                          X