PROJECT: Hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROJECT: Hurricane

This was completed a couple of months ago, the latest in my 'Warbird' series. My concept of a WWII British Hurricane Mk. 1 Fighter circa 1940-1941.

I followed the same process I have with the previous 4 Warbirds. I submitted my layout to Dan Lawrence with notes specifying what I wanted....during the process Dan suggested subtle changes and the project is adjusted accordingly to make it the best it can be.

I can't thank Dan enough, his suggestions always make my ideas better and his skill in execution is obvious!

My initial cut & paste layout.

Here's a test run from Dan...I didn't like the narrow banding of the camo colors on the body...

After consulting with Dan and fine-tuning the camo pattern and also some adjustments to placement of some of the graphic details, he nailed it this time...exactly what I wanted.

The Finished Product is again a testament to Dan Lawrence's talent...I'm just glad he's around to turn my layouts into reality. I couldn't be happier.

The series as it stands now. Currently working on the next one...a Russian Yak 9.
    Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 12-15-2012, 06:57 PM.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Nice!
    They are all great but somehow the Jackson on the far right pops out at me.

Comment

That Third Reich Jackson................
      Dear god, I LOVE that beast. I was thinking of doing a similar thing but painting it Flecktarn and giving it some SS runes or something.

Comment

Yessir!!!! those are tits man....love 'em all and as much as I do dig the Jackson too,, I think I gravitate more toward the one on the far left,,,there is just something about it.. MOSHON DAVE
        Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 12-15-2012, 11:04 PM. Reason: had to manually green it....
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

What happened to the pics?

Comment

Not sure...probably a server issue. They'll be back up later

Comment

Curse you Internet! I was dying to look at these pics. I'm also highly looking forward to seeing the Yak-9 tribute. It's so cool that you have the means to have this done for yourself. Typically when you see a series like this it's a dealer run that gets split up everywhere. I think the impact is so much more when you see them all together.

Thanks for sharing.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Very cool. What was the US Navy one patterned after, shown next to the Jackson? Avenger? Wildcat? Dauntless?
                Mitch
                AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

Originally posted by modelseriesman View Post
                  Very cool. What was the US Navy one patterned after, shown next to the Jackson? Avenger? Wildcat? Dauntless?
                  It's an US Navy F6F Hellcat, circa 1944

Comment

Very nice! I'm just waiting for all the JCF assholes to come out and complain about the swastikas. Remeber that DCGL run many years back?
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Very nice! I'm just waiting for all the JCF assholes to come out and complain about the swastikas. Remeber that DCGL run many years back?
                      Yeah, I should have put my usual disclaimer, but these days, I really couldn't care less about the politically correct BS!!

Comment

With the larger pics added we can see the Six Shooter reference. Very well done. Maybe one of those funky angular BC Rich bodies would work for a Corsair edition. Great collection.
                        Mitch
                        AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

Glad you like them!!

I always wanted to do this series going back to my high school days. I was/am a WWII geek and love all of the uniforms, weapons, tactics & traditions of all the major combatants....just fascinated by the detail.

Not at all interested in the politics of it all and geniunely sobered by the tremendous human toll of that conflict.

Got several more of these to go yet, no rush and no timeline. A fun ongoing project. They all play & sound great, but this last one stands out as a player and really sounds good.

Comment

They're all very cool. You really need a Mustang, though.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                              They're all very cool. You really need a Mustang, though.
                              It will come, it's on the drawing board...just haven't arrived at the right layout yet.

Early War vs. Late war...will most likely be late war scheme, silver w/ Invasion stripes.

Comment

Working...
                              X