Charvel custom shop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel custom shop question

For those of you who would spend the $ on a Charvel custom shop, what graphics/paint/specs would push you to actually pull the trigger and buy one? We've seen some cool runs in the past like the metalflake, zebra, EVH, DeMartini and a lot of one offs. But what would you do if you had the cash to do it? And please don't say buy 3 pro mods or Gibson LP.

I would really like to see what you guys have to say on this.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

I'd get an orange and yellow rising sun or blood drip with pointy headstock

Comment

The only spec I'd really like is to have the truss rod adjustment at the nut!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I tried and I even offered them more $ and they said absolutly not?

Comment

I'd be tempted by another one of those Fake E Lee runs.

I'd need that bullet truss rod adjustment at the headstock, too.

Comment

I wish they made those white USA models with the black pick guard still.....I've been after a jake e inspired one for a really long time

Comment

man id just want the old school logo with the pointy headstock after the L. Ive never ever seen a charvel with 3 on a side tuners, so why have that in the logo? dumb if you ask me.
              Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                I tried and I even offered them more $ and they said absolutly not?
                I didn't offer more money but they did it for me. Hard to see in the pic but its at the headstock.

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

That is awesome Jack.

Comment

Is that a 24 fret PC1 neck? They did offer that as an option and said they would profile it to my liking. I just do not care for 24 fret necks.

Comment

The next gutiar I have on order which is a 7 string strathead

When i did that whitye run they had no problem doing the bullet truss rod BUT it was a good upcharge to do so
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

thats awesome, and Ide go for a dinky strathead, ebony board, floyd, H/S, maybe a reverse headstock?. IMO you just dont see enough ebony boards on super strats.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                          That is awesome Jack.
                          Thanks!
                          Is that a 24 fret PC1 neck? They did offer that as an option and said they would profile it to my liking. I just do not care for 24 fret necks.
                          Its a 24 fret neck but not a PC1 neck. Same thing but different. The shape of the back is different.
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                            thats awesome, and Ide go for a dinky strathead, ebony board, floyd, H/S, maybe a reverse headstock?. IMO you just dont see enough ebony boards on super strats.
                            I'd certainly buy one of those.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Too many ideas, not enough money....

- Candy red sparkle with matching headstock, gold hardware
                              - Orange creamsicle graphic with a maple neck (the "stick" of the 'sicle)
                              - Yellow and white bullseye graphic
                              - Purple sparkle and white bullseye graphic
                              - Hot rod flames graphic, with stained quilted maple serving as the "flames" under solid paint elsewhere
                              - Sea foam green with white pearloid pickguard, chrome hardware
                              - Wormhole graphic over black holoflake base
                              - Various warbird graphics in tribute to WWII fighter aces - must have at least one P51 and P38 :P
                              - Warbird graphic, but imitating a closeup of a battle-worn Star Wars X-wing fuselage instead
                              - Bound body flametop with tri-color burst, maple neck
                              - Hardtail Tele, ice blue metallic, bound body
                              - Trans teal quilt-top with maple neck and chrome hardware

...Guess I'll stop now. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X