Getting ready for my first Charvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready for my first Charvel!

Hey guys. I'm getting ready to purchase my first charvel in a week or two. I'm looking at the USA San Dimas reissues. I have owned many USA Jackson's and they are by far my favorite guitars. My rr1 is my main axe right now. So I'm hoping that I will love charvels as much as the Jackson's. Im deciding on whether or not I wana go the used route, or brand new. I've found a few web sites that still have some left over in stock. But I could use some color recommendations. I want something real 80's but not completely over the top.

I can't speak for the USAs but if they're as good as the Japs, you'll love them.

Comment

Haha well thats good to hear. If I can't find a solid USA, than I know I won't be disappointed with the japs. They are virtually the same thing though build wise

Comment

Go for the slime green if you can find it. There is a decent used one in the classifieds as well.

Comment

I found one on GC used for 700. my only worry is that Im so used to jackson Necks that Im worried the charvel's neck will feel completely different.

Comment

Well, if you buy from GC, you get a return period. If you dont like the neck you can return it. I guess its not as thin as most Jackson necks, but most people love the charvel necks, its kinda what theyre famous for. I dont know anyon who doesnt like the pro mod neck.

Comment

find an old charvel pointy headstock reissue, the necks were pretty much spot on with the older SD era pointy necks, the promod strats feel like a cross between a fender and a charvel,slightly rounder and bigger than older C/J necks.

Comment

I've got a bunch of Jacksons and Charvels, and my green slime Charvel is my go-to guitar. The neck is great, you'll have no regrets with it.
                My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Ive found a grover jackson blood splatter legacy charvel, single pickup and vintage brass term... love the guitar and I wan a pick iy up, but the single pickup worries me...

Comment

Originally posted by rhoadsfan11 View Post
                    Ive found a grover jackson blood splatter legacy charvel, single pickup and vintage brass term... love the guitar and I wan a pick iy up, but the single pickup worries me...
                    The neck profile on these (I believe) is a straight 12" radius not the compound radius 12" - 16". Just something to consider.

Comment

Hmm. Not sure guys. Can't seem to find one I like. The finish is either perfect but only has 1 pickup, or the guitar is to brightly colored but has all the right hardware. Cant seem to find one that has the whole package, for me anyway

Comment

Hmm. Not sure guys. Can't seem to find one I like. The finish is either perfect but only has 1 pickup, or the guitar is to brightly colored but has all the right hardware. Cant seem to find one that has the whole package, for me anyway
                        Tell me about it, I can't seem to find that "one" either...good luck in your search!

Comment

Good luck to you as well man! I actually know exactly what I'm looking for. White with a black pick guard.. They only make a Japanese one though

Comment

So I purchased my first charvel finally. A SoCal USA in slime green no pick guard. Gonna do a green meanie theme!

Comment

So I purchased my first charvel finally. A SoCal USA in slime green no pick guard. Gonna do a green meanie theme!
                              How are the pickups holding in the guitar?

Comment

Working...
                              X