No announcement yet.

San Dimas Reissue parts guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing is bothering me a little. I don't know now if the Candy blue body above is genuine. But the finish is flawless and it weighs a ton and reasonants/sustains till Christmas so I'm not bothered.

The trem back cavity plate is not recessed into the back of the body. It is above the body, in a Charvel Legacy style. All the pointies I've seen from 2005 era have a recessed back plate. The plates are metal and the control cavity is recessed alright. However I've found this on Fleabay (Serial #6950, mine is #6492) and it also does not have the recessed back plate. I wonder if these are more oddities or fake ups. Don't mind either way really as the body is killer, they are for keeps and playing them is what its all about.

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charvel-USA-...item35b704a6d5

Anyway, loved the neck so much I bought another one....a black style 2, with what was supposed to be the new mig welder money.

Also planning on buying a Japanese Pro Mod neck, so I'II have three neck heels to measure to know for sure. My money is on the fact that the USA's will vary in increments between 2 3/16" and 2 1/4" and the jap one will be spot on 2 1/4". Thing is I prefer the 2 3/16" as, despite the extra heavily rolled fretboard edges you get with 2 1/4" heels, as the fretboard width is the essentially same as 2 3/16", higher up, the necks just feel too big for my hands/style.

Heard a rumour that the USA pro mod necks were made in the Mexican factory? I don't care where they were made personally as I love them.
    Last edited by ginsambo; 11-18-2011, 02:34 AM.
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Working...
    X