Charvel USA ProMods in stock anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotty View Post
    A local shop finally is carrying them where I live. I thought the over all feel was real good. I was a bit disappointed in the QA of the guitar tho. The guitars were so new they hadnt tuned them yet and the one I played the volume knob was lose and the toggle knob was in a total unusable angle. All easy fixes and I still want one.
    Which ones did they have/you try out?

Comment

They had 2 so-cals and a style 1. I only played one of the so-cals.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

I finally got over to Performance Music today. They're down to only two NEW USA Charvels and the Used ones are gone but here they are:

----------------------------------------------------------
        Jackson Custom Shop Snowblind Soloist
        Ibanez RG-PR1
        Ibanez JCRG21A
        EBMM JP7
        Fender USA Tele ('92)

Comment

Originally posted by EvilEmuOfDoom View Post
          I finally got over to Performance Music today. They're down to only two NEW USA Charvels and the Used ones are gone but here they are:

Thanks for checking out what stock they had left, and the pictures too. Much appreciated. And i've got to say I'm kinda digging that red Style 2. It's very nice indeed.

Comment

These guys are pretty good to deal with but they don't move much on prices. I bought my amp there but ended up buying my guitar from Matt's Music. Matt offered a better deal when comparing the same MIJ models. Unfortunately he didn't have any USA models. Given the price difference and the case, it's hard to beat the MIJ pro mods. Another site to check is RTE 1 music. I think they had a trans ale red socal last time I looked.

Comment

Originally posted by Riddick View Post
              Thanks for checking out what stock they had left, and the pictures too. Much appreciated. And i've got to say I'm kinda digging that red Style 2. It's very nice indeed.
              No problem

Originally posted by Kempo Bulldog View Post
              These guys are pretty good to deal with but they don't move much on prices. I bought my amp there but ended up buying my guitar from Matt's Music. Matt offered a better deal when comparing the same MIJ models. Unfortunately he didn't have any USA models. Given the price difference and the case, it's hard to beat the MIJ pro mods. Another site to check is RTE 1 music. I think they had a trans ale red socal last time I looked.
              Joe (the owner) has some really good connections with certain brands and can sometimes go below MAP on new gear but in general you're correct. He has MAJOR connections with Fishman and G&L btw. On the other hand, some of the reason they won't come down on guitars is because of the time the put into initial setup and how many guitars they actually send back for not being up to their standards. Paul does top-notch setup work and will perform free tweaks if necessary (which is awesome btw!). It's hard to find a shop these days that has your back well after your purchase.

I hear Matt's is really good too, I need to make it down there one of these days.
              ----------------------------------------------------------
              Jackson Custom Shop Snowblind Soloist
              Ibanez RG-PR1
              Ibanez JCRG21A
              EBMM JP7
              Fender USA Tele ('92)

Comment

Originally posted by Kempo Bulldog View Post
                Thanks for the tip on RTE 1. What's their web address?

Comment

I found them through ebay while looking at an EVH guitar. I couldn't find a site through a google search though. The prices are pretty steep and I have no experience with them so not sure how they are to deal with.

Comment

Tom's River Music in Tom's River, NJ. They've actually got quite a few.
                    Todd M

Comment

Originally posted by veniculum View Post
                      Tom's River Music in Tom's River, NJ. They've actually got quite a few.
                      Ah excellent. I shall have a look and see what they've got. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Riddick View Post
                        Ah excellent. I shall have a look and see what they've got. Thanks for the info.
                        Cool...you local to TR? I'm up in central Jersey, but my mom lives down near Lavallete...so I head over to TR Music all the time. They're actually a nice shop...got a decent inventory of all guitars. Of course, they don't stock things like USA Jacksons...but I have seen real deal ESPs there...Prestige Ibanez, of course the standard Fender, LP, PRS...They're stock of USA Charvel Pro Mods isn't what it was a year and a half - two years ago...but there are still at least a few. I know they have a Ferrari Red SoCal...I think there's an orange Tele...green So Cal/San Dimas. Just going on what I remember from the last time I was there. There are also some Japanese imports now as well.

Funny thing is...almost two years ago now, I picked up my first US Pro-Mod...I had just seen an ad for them somewhere....online..something. Anyway, everywhere I looked online, street price was $1099. So I searched dealers, and that's how I found out about TR Music. When I called them to ask if they had any in stock, they were actually selling the Tellies for $699 at the time....and I got a SoCal a week later for $799.
                        Now that the Japanese models are out, and selling for $899, they bumped the prices of the USA models back up to the original $1099. I have a feeling though, that if you work it a little, you can get them to go down a little. Those guitars have been on that wall for a long time now (as surprising as that may be to us fans)

Good luck man.
                        Todd M

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                          Try Guitars Etc in Longmont, CO: http://guitarsetc.net/

They had some last time I was in there, but that was a little while back.
                          I stopped by there last week and they still had a few USAs on the wall, don't know how much they will move on price though.

Comment

I'm sure the USAs are nice, but I'll bet the Jap quality has put a hurtin on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
                              I'm sure the USAs are nice, but I'll bet the Jap quality has put a hurtin on them.
                              The USA guitars are nicer...it's that simple. I had three of them (down to two right now), and I've played the Japanese ones a bunch of times, and they just don't feel as nice. Not that they're bad....but just not as nice. That's my opinion....I'm sure there are those who would beg to differ.
                              Todd M

Comment

That tele is really cool

Comment

Working...
                                X