No announcement yet.

Charvel EVH Art Series Mod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering what the guitar is suppossed to represent, you pretty much have a moral imperitave to mod it in some way, shape, or form. I'd recommend screwing a quarter to the front for the trem to rest on. Quarters have been shown to have superior transmission of the mojo frequencies.
    Last edited by Hellbat; 08-15-2011, 05:17 PM.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      I'm going to go against the grain here and say I prefer the natural headstock.
      Same here.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was gonna mention the quarter thing too. Lol

I could only do that to a beater tho.
        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

agree with the black headstock +100000
          Last edited by scottop1972; 08-15-2011, 09:30 PM. Reason: forgot to quote!

Comment

I like the natural headstock with original decals. If you paint it black, it will kill the value (unless you don't care)!

Great looking guitar, especially with the zebra pickup!
            '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
            '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
            '98 PRS Custom 22
            '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

I prefer the natural as well. If you get it painted, I'd have the CHarvel and EVH logos in the same yellow of the stripes, not the gold (may be a PS thing)
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Well guys.. I`ve come to the conclusion that there is a 50/50 split between the natural and painted headstock.

So I`m taking the neck to a builder to get scanned and measured, Hopefully he can reproduce me a perfect copy neck.
                if its a perfect match I`ll get it painted up with the decals.

Thanks for the support guys and when its finished I`ll post more pics.

I`ve been playing this guitar loads recently and it`s never sounded better.. that brass block has made a big difference to the tone.
                I`m gonna make a vid over the weekend with my Zoom Q3HD as a thankyou to you all.
                www.vendetta-theband.com
                www.atomhawk.com

Comment

IMO...the headstock should also have at least 3 yellow stripes... keep the theme going on the headstock too...Killer job btw !!

Comment

How can all of you talk about color of an EVH headstock and forget about the cigarette burns? LOL
                    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

BLACK headstock! way cooler looking. and you play the shit out of it anyways, so who cares what it does to the value. sounds like it's a keeper.

Comment

Didn't Ed's have the black head? If so, paint it black like Ed's!
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          I'm going to go against the grain here and say I prefer the natural headstock.

+1

Comment

im with some of the fellers on here... i prefer the natural headstock.

Looks classy

Comment

And with my last name too! Should have of course added that! LOL

From the "why not add cigarrette burns too"?? Post

Comment

Working...
                              X