2009 So Cal value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Gee, you're the one that started off by calling Newc a moron, now you're upset when somebody else says it to you? Start some more shit and you'll be banned.
    So, basically he can come into a thread that he contributed nothing to and call names, yet it's a thread I started and I can't reply? Seriously?

Comment

Who started with the name calling? You did. Grow up.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Who started with the name calling? You did. Grow up.
        Yup, done. I was asking for help and I got side-tracked by the sarcastic remarks. I should have ignored it and I apologize.

Comment

RampantDouchery
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RampantLion View Post
            Yup, done. I was asking for help and I got side-tracked by the sarcastic remarks. I should have ignored it and I apologize.
            Apology accepted.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

My collection with the three 2009 Charvels - 2 San Dimas and 1 So Cal

Attached Files
              Last edited by RampantLion; 06-14-2011, 08:33 AM.

Comment

will trade a jackson rr1 black metal flake like new with case and all case candy for both

Comment

Will sell my soul for that collection...

Comment

bbbb.....nnn

Comment

did you have to get permission from mommy to use her living room for those pix?
                      “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Gee, you're the one that started off by calling Newc a moron, now you're upset when somebody else says it to you? Start some more shit and you'll be banned.
                        I don't think it's fair to call Newc a moron, but I also don't think it's douchebaggery to take advantage of a seller's position or the economy.

Something tells me the "but the economy is no excuse" folks would not hesitate to charge more than they paid for an out-of-production or rare guitar, so what's the difference when some circumstances cause it to go the other way?

Is it "douchebaggery" to charge $3000 for an original San Dimas Strat-head? Maybe it is to charge $25,000, maybe it would be to offer $350 for the Pro Mod, but bargaining someone down a hundred or so is just business.

Comment

Dude what a dick. You bash Newc and Hippietim, brillant Charvel/Jackson devotees who know more than you ever will and you bitch about the price after having a huge guitar collection. It seems like the only reason you started this thread was to gloat about your new acquisitions. You have no right to bend the seller over with the economy as an excuse. If you really had to have those Charvels you would have made room by selling your other guitars in your Mom's living room. Oh, and ToeJam is the last person you want to piss off... Be happy with your San Dimas' and go play the shit out of them. We know what they look like, moron.
                          Ratt & Roll

Comment

I'II just chip in with my 2 pences worth. Take a look at commercial vehicles. When new you can get a deal on them, when they are 6 months on the road used with hardly any miles and more or less mint, often they will command the same price.

Guitars wise, what I've learnt is that a mint used model, may well be the same price as an old stock new model from a dealer. However the dealer guitar is NOT necessarily the one to go for. The used model may well have been bought at a higher price, nearer to the manufacturers retail price. Its is not like a dealer gets in a new line and then trys to minimize his profit margin FFS.

Regarding 'Mintness' and playability, the 'New' guitar at the reduced end of line price may be a floor dog that everyone has avoided, in fact the chances are that if this is a shop, that it is, so the 'Used' guitar may well play better and actually be a better guitar. Also consider that if the dealer is a shop the 'New' guitar will have a lot more DNA on it that the 'Used' model.

With distance selling I would always consider these things, as well as the fact that the used 'Mint' might be a dog also, that the player has cannot get on with. More likely though he/she has found it is surplus to requirements and just doesn't get used for what he/.she wants.

Value wise, I don't see any problem paying the same for a new, reduced price, old stock and a used mint, especially considering the used mint has depreciated by a couple of hundred dollars at least from the proce originally paid.

I do object to people sitting on guitars on Ebay at ridiculous prices, and when the economy and demand for a certain model is clearly not there for it at the ridiculous price they are demanding for it, they then hike the price up even more...FFS.
                            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Working...
                            X