2009 So Cal value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok

Yes, they do not have to accept. You are 100% correct.

My question is what I asked initially: What would you guys pay for a 2009 unplayed white So Cal guitar? And what would you pay for an unplayed 2009 red San Dimas?

I spoke to the guy and he said he would take $850 for the So Cal and $675 for the San Dimas. Personally, I love the So Cal, but it's $200 more.

What do you guys think? Which one would you purchase?

Originally posted by ralph View Post
    If you have the money, using the economy as an excuse to bargain someone down is not cool, in this case you probably could afford to pay a little more and help someone out

If you dont have the money because of the state of the economy then simply offer what you can afford and the seller can then consider your offer

Bottom line is, offer what you want to pay, they do not have to accept

Comment

I've decided to buy the 2009 red San Dimas for $675. He also a gold one, but I think I'll take the red one. I'll show a picture once I buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by RampantLion View Post
        I've decided to buy the 2009 red San Dimas for $675. He also a gold one, but I think I'll take the red one. I'll show a picture once I buy it.
        How much for the gold one and where is he located? I'm serious.

Comment

Gold San Dimas

With a gig bag, he wants $700 for either San Dimas or $875 for the So Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
            How much for the gold one and where is he located? I'm serious.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f28/fs...os-111255.html

I hope I'm not violating any forum rules but I knew I'd seen these before....

Comment

LOL... you're a moron. It's no different than the housing market. You are probably one of the people on Ebay who try to sell $800 guitars for $1700. The fact is simple, if 10% of the population is unemployed and there is a limited amount of people who can even afford to buy a "luxury item," the value is down. Anyone that has ever sold anything knows it's dependent on the economy. You're a goof to say otherwise.
              No, it's greatly different from the housing market. In many cases, banks got stuck with houses, and in order to maintain any chance of a profit margin, they sell as cheaply as they can go. Sometimes, in order to avoid the heavy financial burden, they sell it for what is owed on it, which is considerably less than the appraised value. Homeowners that sell cheaply do so to get out from under the burden of property taxes and repair costs, and find something cheaper for themselves. Real estate traders do it cheap for the sale for the same reasons as both banks and homeowners.

While everything is priced according to the market, musical equipment is a non-essential luxury item, like a Humvee, Harley, or personal recreational watercraft. If you cannot afford to pay the asking price because of your personal economic concerns, don't try to pass those woes off on someone else when buying a luxury item.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

it's only like the housing market if you're buying an early serial #'d original strathead with what they cost, that's the only
                similarity i can come up with on that theory.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Id offer him 700 for the So-Cal as per advertised....

$700 or he can jam it!

Comment

No need to post a picture moron, we know what they look like.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Guitars

TX Joe, it's a weird coincidence, but it isn't the same seller. This seller has the style 2, which are the tele style.

Originally posted by TX-Joe View Post
                      http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f28/fs...os-111255.html

I hope I'm not violating any forum rules but I knew I'd seen these before....

Comment

n00b

10,000+ posts and something tells me they are all this "quality." What a nerd.

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        No need to post a picture moron, we know what they look like.
                        In other news, I went and purchased the 2009 San Dimas and it kicks total and complete ass!

Comment

2009s

I couldn't resist.... I purchased the 2009 red San Dimas, the 2009 gold San Dimas and the 2009 snow white So Cal.

Comment

10,000+ posts and something tells me they are all this "quality." What a nerd.

Gee, you're the one that started off by calling Newc a moron, now you're upset when somebody else says it to you? Start some more shit and you'll be banned.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Did you screw him on the price because of the economy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Sandman View Post
                                Did you screw him on the price because of the economy?
                                No, but I did screw your mom... because she was there

Comment

Working...
                                X