Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadPeter View Post
    yeah ! what's the difference ?

WOWSA!!! That's a nice one! Looks like Trace's old "haircut special." I dig it! Nice body, color, matching head - DOUBLE CREAMS!!! - cool hardtail. Very nice collection of specs! Rosewood dots?

How about some more pics???

And that's the example to give - you're not going to get that guitar out of the ProMod series - period.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      After that, you get into the "who actually built it" and "wood choice" discussions - and once there - I'm fairly certain "better" wood is reserved for higher priced models - it only makes good business sense to reserve the best for the top of the line.
      Yeah, what seperates things more than the 'best of the best' use what quality it is that gets considered the 'middle of the road'.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Yeah, what seperates things more than the 'best of the best' use what quality it is that gets considered the 'middle of the road'.
        que?
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by MadPeter View Post
          yeah ! what's the difference ?

Nice but nothing like what I'd want in a custom order.
          My tastes run more like the USA Promods...maybe custom artwork at the most for me.

Comment

Yeah sorry for that, it was terrible. Even I don't understand what I was trying to say... I guess I should respond without trying to type up two different things at the same time. Multitasking is a bitch!

Here is what I was trying to say, translated into English...

What seperates good brands from bad, is more what minimum quality is considered the 'middle of the road' than what is considered 'best of the best' (wood/time/craftsmanship).

Again, I apologize for my butchery of the language.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              Again, I apologize for my butchery of the language.
              Well, you are Canadien... or is that Canadian... I can never remember which.
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Well, you are Canadien... or is that Canadian... I can never remember which.
                Whichever one is more badass!
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by TX-Joe View Post
                  Nice but nothing like what I'd want in a custom order.
                  My tastes run more like the USA Promods...maybe custom artwork at the most for me.
                  Make no mistake the true CUSTOM SHOP guitars are a better built, sounding and felling guitar in everyway. However, when you take into account that for a fancy 80s paint job they add on average between 800-1000s to the price. You must then consider what are you getting extra over the pro mods? Honestly for the "standard demartinis" I'd say not much other than more attention to detail on the neck work and setup.

Now with that being said. If you actually order a custom guitar with quality woods and not some cheesy graphic. And specify the instrument in every detail you can not find a better playing guitar or built guitar at even twice the price of a custom.

Example: I just had a sold figured koa with sold rosewood neck built to my spec. Oiled like a charvel should be. Made by a masterbuilder that normally gets over 6k for his fenders. Same price as an off the shelf snakeskin dematini. One of the 3 best guitars Ive ever played in my life including my 79 charvel and every other of the 35 vintage strathead charvels Ive owned.

Bottom line is if you cant tell the difference it doesn't matter buy the cheap one. But don't let yourself be fooled by your misconceptions. Theres a reason the real CS guitars cost more.

Comment

I got this a while back and it stands out from the regular production by a mile...

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Originally posted by voodoosound View Post
                      Make no mistake the true CUSTOM SHOP guitars are a better built, sounding and felling guitar in everyway. However, when you take into account that for a fancy 80s paint job they add on average between 800-1000s to the price. You must then consider what are you getting extra over the pro mods? Honestly for the "standard demartinis" I'd say not much other than more attention to detail on the neck work and setup.

Now with that being said. If you actually order a custom guitar with quality woods and not some cheesy graphic. And specify the instrument in every detail you can not find a better playing guitar or built guitar at even twice the price of a custom.

Example: I just had a sold figured koa with sold rosewood neck built to my spec. Oiled like a charvel should be. Made by a masterbuilder that normally gets over 6k for his fenders. Same price as an off the shelf snakeskin dematini. One of the 3 best guitars Ive ever played in my life including my 79 charvel and every other of the 35 vintage strathead charvels Ive owned.

Bottom line is if you cant tell the difference it doesn't matter buy the cheap one. But don't let yourself be fooled by your misconceptions. Theres a reason the real CS guitars cost more.
                      Not going to argue the point that exotic or "more expensive woods" makes a more expensive guitar.

It's obvious we or at least I could tell the difference since I have owned guitars from both end of the spectrum and have worked in a guitar shop that sold both for a dozen years.
                      One thing I learned in all those years is that a pretty guitar doesn't always sound prettier.

But to know that just to get a non standard color, maybe a little "cheesy graphic" that means something to me and a tad more attention to detail in the neck and fretwork may not be worth the extra dough is all I was gettin at.

For me a nice sounding Alder or Ash body with a decent pickup, neck and jumbo frets is all I need. The rest I can do myself.

BTW, that is a very nice looking guitar you have xbolt.

Comment

...drooling all over xbolts` axe!

Comment

My 4 WDM's are the best guitars I've ever owned. Definite difference between these and the Pro Mods (USA & Japan). Far more attention to detail, and the paint is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                          X