Opinions Needed! - Charvel Custom Shop Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
    IMHO, when going with a graphic, the rest of the guitar's specs should be somewhat understated so as to not distract attention away from the graphic itself.
    Some sage advice there, for sure. Same goes for figured tops.

Sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Matching headstock, chrome hardware. I think pearl white would be great for the base to give it a slight sparkle.
      X2.
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Matching headstock only if it compliments the fretboard. Raw maple matches rosewood most of the time (depends on how dark the board is) but is a spectral opposite of ebony.

However, you're going to have chrome tuners and nut on raw maple. Might be too much "whiteness" at that end, so depending on the graphic's brightness level, you might want to reconsider the hardware color. Black is boring, but doesn't shine, so graphics pop out around it. However, it can also look like a giant turd in a swimming pool. Chrome can reflect the graphic at certain angles, or reflect light at others, washing out the graphic.

It also depends largely on the graphic itself and how much of the body it will cover.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

would a matchin headstock also have the graphic. if so YES, if not natural, gold hardware is always nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            It also depends largely on the graphic itself and how much of the body it will cover.
            Other than the white (or whatever color) background, the graphic will cover the entire body. For example, think of something like a bullseye or polka dot graphic: graphic all over the body, but just as much "white space" in the background, too.

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
            would a matchin headstock also have the graphic.
            No. IMHO, that would be too busy for what I'm planning. However, if going with a matching headstock, I have played with the idea of a colored logo (probably red) to match the graphic theme. Not likely, but possible.

Comment

someone who has a completely zebra'd guitar calling the graphic too busy, i really want to know.

Comment

Touche'

Comment

Working...
                X