No announcement yet.

Charvel Custom Shop Exclusive Carbonized Black Ash San Dimas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know but every time I see "black ash", in my head I start yelling "SHAKE THAT BLACK ASH BABY!"
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      I don't know but every time I see "black ash", in my head I start yelling "SHAKE THAT BLACK ASH BABY!"
      I laughed...

Comment

Originally posted by MadPeter View Post
        3000$ is way to much for a natural wood finish with ash/alder. I've read all the marketing stuff about the "new" Kiln-drying, but it still too expensive IMHO even if it looks good.
        gibson is doing it on maple fretboards to give them the rosewood look. the new les paul jr's with the humbucker and coil tap have maple fingerboards but they are 99% as dark as rosewood
        This space for rent

Comment

Sorry about the double post, I'm new to this board. I love the old painted charvels, this is just more my style. Not big on the gold hardware either but black or silver wouldn't look right. Cook guitar and I will post an update once I get it home.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
            Charvel has had natural oil finished guitars since the beginning as well
            They also had hot rod flames since the beginning, and IMO that's what made they famous and stand out in the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              What is "black ash"? Is this like swamp ash? Or northern ash?

And, while we're at it, what's "red maple"? Never heard of that one before, or necks being made out of it.

:think:
              Maple tress come in Sugar maple (hard rock), Red Maple, Silver maple (weak wood) and so on. The harder maple trees grow slower while the weaker maple trees grow faster. Sugar maple is what we use (supposed to use) for guitars because it's the strongest.

Ash tress come in varieties as well.

Comment

I don't know for sure if Black Ash is also known as Swamp Ash, but I can tell you that Black Ash grows in swampy areas. It is an awesome type of wood. Great color and easy to work with.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
                  the new les paul jr's with the humbucker and coil tap have maple fingerboards but they are 99% as dark as rosewood
                  And they look like pressboard.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Cool...

Comment

Love my 1 hum Gibby Jr with the torrified maple finger board.The grain is as tight as ebony and feels as slick.
                      I love that Charvel has done this.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by animus View Post
                        so you like your guitars looking like kid's lunchboxes then? :-)
                        lmfao!!!!!

Comment

How does this nice baby sound ???
                          vs alder ??

Please share.

Martin

Comment

Working...
                          X