No announcement yet.

Got it back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read a snippet and Warren DeMartini spoke about the Frenchie coming out, maybe through Performance SMI.

Comment

Whats with the last fret?
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Truss rod adjustment.

Very nice snake you got there!
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Originally posted by Devotee View Post
          Truss rod adjustment.

Very nice snake you got there!
          Yep. Same kind of adjustment that EBMM guitars have. I know the purists will freak out, but I wish they all had this. I just had to remove 3 necks to adjust the truss rods this week. True suckage. But they are fairly stable so I only do it in fall and spring if needed.

Here's a little better shot:

Last edited by chrisolson; 04-16-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

yeah, removing the neck to adjust the truss rod! That's a PITA for sure! However, what's the reason these guitars have a truss rod at the base of the neck while most guitars out there have near the top? Is it more stable to have the truss rod inverted? Also, there seems to be holes in the TR instead of a allen wrench slot? What tools do you need for this type of rod?
            Sam

Comment

I'm not sure why they do it that way beyond "That's how we've always done it", and if they hadn't, I'm sure the "purists" we cry foul. I don't think it effects stability, but who knows?

You can use pretty much anything that fits in those holes, but I just use one of the 8000 allen wrenches I have. I love being able to adjust things this way. E-Z!!

Comment

If they ever do a Frenchie, I'm all over it. How is that RTM pup?

Comment

The RTM is...just okay IMO. I rather prefer the JB to be honest (!!!). The RTM is kinda raw, and it's just a bit dark for me. It's almost like it's a little hotter than the JB. Let me put it like this -- I put my amp settings together with the RTM, and when I play with the JB, it's awfully bright.

Warren to me has always seemed to be a cleaner player - he didn't seem to rely on tons of distortion, but more on pure volume. His leads were cleaner than most of the era. Knowing that he used the JB back in the day, I'm a little surprised at this pickup, as it doesn't really seem to personify his tone. The JB isn't clean, but the RTM is even less so.

I'm kinda almost kicking around putting JB's into them. I could make hay selling the RTM's. I can tell you this - for $179, they're overpriced. I'm sure a chunk goes to Warren though.

Comment

How's it going Chris?(I bought your old EDS Soloist). That snakeskin has nearly tempted me to buy one on numerous occasions! My right finger has hovered over the BIN button on ebay countless times! I'd bet it plays tremendously! I don't have as many axes as I used to..but my '09 so-cal is my dream axe! Completely stock and I absolutely CHERISH it! Nothing else comes close. Good to hear you have this fine axe back in your possession. I always liked WD's Charvels. The blood drip is my fave with Frenchy coming second. Never really cared for the bomber. Enjoy!

Comment

Love those. I sold my old bomber (dumb moment) buti have a blood drip now. Im working n getting them all
                      This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
                        Love those. I sold my old bomber (dumb moment) buti have a blood drip now. Im working n getting them all
                        I've really warmed up to my Bomber a lot. It wasn't one I was looking for, but I'm really glad I got it. The Blood & Skull is way cooler than I thought it would be too!

Originally posted by JZ06 View Post
                        How's it going Chris?(I bought your old EDS Soloist). That snakeskin has nearly tempted me to buy one on numerous occasions! My right finger has hovered over the BIN button on ebay countless times! I'd bet it plays tremendously! I don't have as many axes as I used to..but my '09 so-cal is my dream axe! Completely stock and I absolutely CHERISH it! Nothing else comes close. Good to hear you have this fine axe back in your possession. I always liked WD's Charvels. The blood drip is my fave with Frenchy coming second. Never really cared for the bomber. Enjoy!
                        Doing well, thanks! How about yourself? Still have the SL-1? That was the first one I ever had...loved it!
                        Yup...the So Cals are pretty cool. I had a Ferrari Red USA, and nearly snagged a white JapaCal, but the Snake came back instead! If you get a chance to get one at a decent price, grab it. You won't be disappointed! Still holding on to hope for the French...

Comment

The SL-1 is in Finland now actually. I am constructing a parts mutt of another so-cal. It'll be sprayed pearl white. I absolutely treasure my red one. The neck feels and plays like a dream and it sounds very very nice! I'd bet that snake rips it up too!! So you think the Japanese sc is just as good a guitar as the usas? Hmm. I'd read differently...of course you know what they say about opinions LOL! Good hearing from you. Stay in touch. and Be well.

Comment

Don't believe everything you read. Give it a shot. The frets are finished better, and the rolled edges are PURE SEX! A little #0000 steel wool to the back of the neck, and it's BETTER than the USA...and not so blasted white!!

Cool on the mutt...I'll be looking forward to the pics!

Comment

Glad you got it back in your stable. I had a similar experience with my Jem 77FP. I let it go to a friend when I was in a good mood, then later I missed it. A year later, I got it back.

Comment

Working...
                              X