No announcement yet.

Got it back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say the same thing too If i had just ripped off my friend. nice snakie.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
      Thanks...I think? Not quite sure how to take that one. Please explain that comment.

Ripped off? Hardly. Go back and re-read what I said. He got a couple week old SD + cash (almost a grand), so we're not talking about just a little cash. I hope you weren't inferring anything otherwise.

If so, WTF, dude?? Who are you, and what do you think you know about me? The LAST thing I'd ever do is screw over a friend, and there's more than a few people around here who know me well enough to vouch for that. Me and this friend have done dozens of deals, and believe me, 9 times out of 10, he comes out better off than me.

If you meant something else, my apologies, but you might want to be a little clearer next time.
      Last edited by chrisolson; 04-14-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Spec wise the snake is my favorite, but looks wise, nothing beats the skull for me.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
          If you meant something else, my apologies, but you might want to be a little clearer next time.
          Naw, it's just Fender being his typical A-hole self!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
            WTF?? Who are these people?? And the other guy not liking graphics!! :think:

Great collection Chris!! Congrats for getting it back!!
            Sam

Comment

Awesome group of guitars (then again, I'm a little impartial)! Hang on to the python this time, it's too nice of a group to break up. And who knows? Maybe they will eventually release the french version - stranger things have happened.

Comment

definitely a great collection. I also own the Crossed Sword and i love it. It should have the snakeskin from TMZ during this Spring Sales but i've been too slow...
                Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
                Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
                Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  Spec wise the snake is my favorite, but looks wise, nothing beats the skull for me.
                  The skull was cooler than I expected, but love the spec on the Snake too! That neck pickup SMOKES!! The snake has the best feeling neck, followed by the Bomber. Each one is a little different.

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Naw, it's just Fender being his typical A-hole self!
                  Heh...no comment...beyond the intertubez is full of them. You & me included!

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                  WTF?? Who are these people?? And the other guy not liking graphics!! :think:

Great collection Chris!! Congrats for getting it back!!
                  Thanks, man! Some people just need a place to whine I guess. You know what they say about opinions. Stoke-killing is so much fun...

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                  Awesome group of guitars (then again, I'm a little impartial)! Hang on to the python this time, it's too nice of a group to break up. And who knows? Maybe they will eventually release the french version - stranger things have happened.
                  Ha! Yeah... No worries - barring my house burning down or some kind of political insurrection, they'll stick around this time. Still holding on to a thread of hope for the French! If not, I'll invite WDM over for a beer and talk him out of one...

Comment

very cool looking snakeskin. i usually do not like those. so that is python? i may keep an eye out for that....

the neck pick up is an SD quarter pounder right? if my eyes are right, that IS a killer sounding pickup!!
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                      Tactful. Nice!

You're not into graphics? That's cool, but what do you think the snakeskin is? Real?

The Snakeskin comes to me more like a mix of colours. It's like the Swirl finishes, it's not "graphic" so far as it's not a picture of something.

Comment

Dude... huge! The snake looks great!!! Nice DeMartini collection!

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
                          The Snakeskin comes to me more like a mix of colours. It's like the Swirl finishes, it's not "graphic" so far as it's not a picture of something.
                          A swirl finish is the combination of colors, etc. It's all a crapshoot as to how it'll turn out. A snakeskin job is nothing like that.
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                            A swirl finish is the combination of colors, etc. It's all a crapshoot as to how it'll turn out. A snakeskin job is nothing like that.

Well, as I said, I like the Snakeskin anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                              very cool looking snakeskin. i usually do not like those. so that is python? i may keep an eye out for that....

the neck pick up is an SD quarter pounder right? if my eyes are right, that IS a killer sounding pickup!!
                              Yep, python is supposedly what it is. Whatever it is, it's super cool, and looks great from near or far. Dan did a great job on these.

It is indeed a Quarter Pounder. Perfect for WDM's sound! Kinda brash and chimey, almost 59-ish. I really like it. It will be the neck pickup in any future guitar I have with a single-sized neck p'up!

Comment

Originally posted by Bionic View Post
                                Dude... huge! The snake looks great!!! Nice DeMartini collection!
                                As you get to see the cream of the crop, thanks for the props! Cool coming from a "Charvel guy". Tell Warren to swing up to the Twin Cities and sign them - I'll have some cool amps for him to play them through next week!

Comment

Working...
                                X