NGD!!!!.....Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    There were a couple of colors that were just begging for chrome and cream...
    +1. And some more zebras like this one, too. Hopefully, they do some more like that with the Jap versions.

Very nice guitar, by the way. Congrats. That scheme was one of my favorites from the USA Pro Mods.

Comment

congrats! That one was always my fave. They just got it right.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Dig it. Needs some double cream Dimarzios in that, though!
        After doing mine that way, I am seriously considering changing it back....I think I am schizo! Maybe the Super Distortion and an Air Classic in the neck, black/creme.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
          That's a winner.

I would say the Slime Green would have been very cool with the same setup. Actually black, too.
          For my slimer, I've had several combinations of pickups and rings at different times. I first added Dimarzio zebras (TZ & AN) with black rings but it didn't look right to me. Then I added cream rings with the zebras and it looked much better but it didn't give off the vibe I was going for. I replaced the zebra TZ with a double cream SD and it looks better to me now. I will probably leave the zebra in the neck position since it gives off the modded feel that I was looking for. Still have the black hardware and doubt I'll go with a chrome swap any time soon.

Comment

I know what you mean about the "modified feel" or vibe.

My black San Dimas Style 1 Pro Mod is an attempt at an early 80's style "everything gold/brass but the tremolo" - it has gold Schallers/jack plate, a brass knob, brass switch tip & switch nut/washer, creme rings, and white pickups (duncans).

I had it the same except for black PU's/rings and it didn't look "right" to me. I might get a double creme Tone Zone/36th Anniversary PAF setup for it but I don't know, I like the white, it looks "slightly wrong" and that can look so right sometimes.

Comment

Lots of talk in this thread about the preference of pick-ups...

IMO this guy does a good demo of them.

San Dimas vs So Cal
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHbJLgR_X5w

Comment

Working...
              X