No announcement yet.

SoCal Battle Scar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a finish choice no different than a graphic or nice wood top...and really what people want is a guitar that looks well played, not damaged per say. Keith Richards was one of the first to request a "relic" finish. After years of playing old guitars he felt his new one looked out of place in pictures. IT is easy to do a bad relic.. doing a good one is tough and takes time. I was never a big relic dude but I bought a 82 Greco Flying V that spent it's life in humid Japan. I swapped all the hardware out with new chrome and then put all the tarnished stuff back on. It just look correct, like it had history.

Originally posted by veniculum View Post
    I don't get this trend. I don't understand why people want old shitty looking guitars. I mean, you don't walk into a car dealer and ask to pay more money for a busted up piece of shit. They'd think you were nuts.

Comment

This guy is asking for it though in all fairness... taking the back plate off a guitar is a Battle Scar?
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Seriously, this is a really ridiculous post. Let's examine the general condition: we have cancer and AIDS; we have a war on terror; we have a weakened economy; we have upheaval in the Middle East; we have an 8.9 earthquake and tsunamis to deal with; and you, you have a chip on your guitar. Well holy hot fuck, bro...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Battle scars are expected if you're taking your guitar out to bars or other sordid dives to gig. But taking off a back plate...it shouldn't happen and I would be pissed too. Use clear coat or even nail polish over any chips to the wood, it helps them from chipping further.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
            we have a weakened economy;
            I would say Shattered
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

So, is the shopping cart ding on my car cooler if I call it a "battle scar"? :think:

How about if I try to pet a kitty cat and he scratches me? BATTLE SCAR!

Comment

Seriously, this is a really ridiculous post. Let's examine the general condition: we have cancer and AIDS; we have a war on terror; we have a weakened economy; we have upheaval in the Middle East; we have an 8.9 earthquake and tsunamis to deal with; and you, you have a chip on your guitar. Well holy hot fuck, bro...
                You're kidding right? It was a stupid expression dude...from about a month ago. Newsflash...I've fucking moved on.
                What's the most ridiculous is that there's one guy on here who's a bigger crybaby than Richard fucking Simmons, particularly when someone throws a little jab his (or her...not sure) way - I know...I'm sorry...I really am trying to understand...you got beat up a lot back in school?..now you do the same to your little computer message board friends...it's cool

- and now this guy who is really going to compare my dumb little comments about a scratch on my fucking guitar to the world's problems. You guys are fuckin with me right?
                Todd M

Comment

Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by DonnyJames View Post
                    I'm new here and everything, and I don't want to pour gas on the flames, but that is possibly one of the greatest things I've ever seen posted. Can I use it ?
                    The towel? Dude, that's just wrong!

great response, Joe. I missed this because I haven't been following things, but just what the thread needed - a little bit of perspective
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

You guys are fuckin with me right?
                      Did you mean You guys are fuckin *with* me right?

or

You guys are *fuckin* with me right?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What's the most ridiculous is that there's one guy on here who's a bigger crybaby than Richard fucking Simmons, particularly when someone throws a little jab his (or her...not sure) way
                        You're talking about you, right? :think:

I'm pretty sure you can figure out what sex you are if you look in the front of your pants. PRETTY sure.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                        X