Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question About Putting a Fixed Bridge in Pro Mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    Not sure I follow this comment.
    I understand it, but I don't agree with it.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    It means you had the chance to buy them all up to keep people from modding them and didn't. Plain and simple. Ergo, don't bash anyone who wants to mod one.
    I wasn't aware you made the rules... Oh wait, you don't.

And who says the guitar has to be stripped and repainted?

A solid block of wood filling the cavity would be equal to the weight of the Floyd, claw, and springs.
    And would still be a total waste of time compared to the less than an hour it would take to properly block the Floyd, which would result in something with better tuning stability than a hardtail anyway.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your input, some interesting discussion here...

Today I was pointed in the direction of a tech who I was told knows the ins and outs of FR. He said he could do it but for starters he wants to block the trem off and have me play the guitar like that for a while...

`Fender`,
      I had a look at that legacy site. Those fixed bridge strat styles only had 21 frets and one pick-up. I don`t think much of the splatter job either. Yes it`s hard to find an axe you don`t have to mod to suit.

`MakeAJazzNoiseHere`,
      I won`t be buying a different guitar...
      Since I`ve been playing this Charvel I`m totally hooked!
      My intent to purchase any guitar is purely for me to play it. I do not consider re-sale value regarding investment or collectability nor any resale at all whatsoever.
      It`s my timber and I`ll shape it the way I want. Look out for us "crazy people"!
      Thank-you for your input.
      Last edited by Mr Sandman; 02-10-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

He sounds like a good tech if he recommended blocking the tremolo first.

Comment

Amen. Oh well, sometimes when you screw with some thing so much, it soils it completely. Just Remember, some things can't be undone , Peaaace

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            A blocked Floyd really does make for a nice fixed bridge. Don't rule it out. You get a massive hunk of steel back there, long saddle travel length for intonation, easy bridge height adjustment, and fine tuners to boot. I'd take that over a TOM any day.
            All this plus the huge side bonus that it is reversible and will not impact the value of the guitar. I would love to have fine tuners at the bridge on my RR1T, it's easier to tweak the tuning with that hand when I'm playing.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
            X