NGD Custom Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADR View Post
    Sa-Weet Axes, I had a model 6 in pearl white when they were new. Love your taste.
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

I love my Model 6! My first Charvel and it's in new condition. Not a mark on it.

Comment

Wow, that thing still looks brand new! Has it been sitting in the case under your bed all these years?
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

That is one clean model 6!!
        Love the new CS that is the tits.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Congrats on the new CS Charvel. Like the flame top too.
          http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

Dude....this is the second custom shop Charvel in that blue (with the cream pickups and maple neck) that I've seen on this site in the last few months. I want that guitar so f**king bad...I haven't had a blue guitar in a while (been doing the whole natural/bursts thing for the last few years - sold off my one and only blue Ibanez a few years back). Strange considering blue is my favorite color. You'd think I'd have one.

Being that I've seen another custom shop model on this site that looked similar to this one...is this a "production" custom...or did you actually place the order? Also...what do you think the chances are that Charvel would buy a few of my pro-mods so that I could buy one of those? Now that I'm thinking about it...the music zoo in NYC is a pretty big charvel dealer. Maybe they could get me one of these

Hey...great great guitar man...I'm really jealous. I would absolutely trade my 3 USA Pro-mods for one of those.
            Todd M

Comment

Charvel wont buy your guitars. They might answer the phone if you call but thats all youll ever get from them. A dealer would have to take them on trade.
              This space for rent

Comment

Yeah...I was actually kidding about that. But I'm in NJ...so the Music Zoo in NYC isn't too far. I know those guys specialize in Charvels (in a lot of other custom guitars too)...but they tend to be one of the bigger Charvel dealers.

It's funny...I saw a thread on here not too long ago about always preferring Charvels to Jacksons. No disrespect to Jackson...but I agree with that post...I've always just had an affection for Charvels....could be as silly as the name...(not really)...I just always thought Charvel was the cooler "older brother". And plus, I much prefer bolt-on necks..so I guess it only makes sense that I prefer Charvel.

But I am absolutely smitten with this blue burst custom...Like I said, I've seen a few now...I HAVE to have one of these...even if it ends in divorce (with my PC-1 ) Anyone wanna buy a PC-1?
                Todd M

Comment

Luv that custom shop and of course your prepro
                  It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Originally posted by veniculum View Post
                    Dude....this is the second custom shop Charvel in that blue (with the cream pickups and maple neck) that I've seen on this site in the last few months. I want that guitar so f**king bad...I haven't had a blue guitar in a while (been doing the whole natural/bursts thing for the last few years - sold off my one and only blue Ibanez a few years back). Strange considering blue is my favorite color. You'd think I'd have one.

Being that I've seen another custom shop model on this site that looked similar to this one...is this a "production" custom...or did you actually place the order? Also...what do you think the chances are that Charvel would buy a few of my pro-mods so that I could buy one of those? Now that I'm thinking about it...the music zoo in NYC is a pretty big charvel dealer. Maybe they could get me one of these

Hey...great great guitar man...I'm really jealous. I would absolutely trade my 3 USA Pro-mods for one of those.

Thanks Todd for the positive comments.

This is not a production custom. I placed the order with Jason at DCGL in Wheatridge , CO. Great guy and the ordering couldn't of gone smoother. I had already placed my order when the first one you mentioned popped up on this site. I think the guy received it for his birthday or something. Needless to say I was shocked when his popped up. I based mine off of Tracy's Pre Pro. When I saw his on his site I fell in love with it.

I finally reached a point after years of playing that I knew exactly what I wanted in a guitar and most importantly I could afford what I wanted. The anticipation during the build of wondering if I would gel with the guitar was agonizing. There is no question in my mind that I now own my Holy Grail.

By the way, it would take more than 3 Pro-Mods to trade for this.

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas View Post
                      Luv that custom shop and of course your prepro
                      Thanks Man! I knew when I was placing the order that the custom shop neck had to have the same dimensions and shape as the Pre-Pro. I took my Pre-Pro into Jason when I placed the order and we did some measuring.

Comment

Beautiful CS! I love the binding.

Comment

Model 6 =
                          sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

Nice guitars. Is that a Super D / PAF set? I've been trying to get a pair in cream but they keep screwing up the bobbin colors so that they are slightly off.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoBaretta View Post
                              Thanks Todd for the positive comments.

This is not a production custom. I placed the order with Jason at DCGL in Wheatridge , CO. Great guy and the ordering couldn't of gone smoother. I had already placed my order when the first one you mentioned popped up on this site. I think the guy received it for his birthday or something. Needless to say I was shocked when his popped up. I based mine off of Tracy's Pre Pro. When I saw his on his site I fell in love with it.

I finally reached a point after years of playing that I knew exactly what I wanted in a guitar and most importantly I could afford what I wanted. The anticipation during the build of wondering if I would gel with the guitar was agonizing. There is no question in my mind that I now own my Holy Grail.

By the way, it would take more than 3 Pro-Mods to trade for this.
                              Thanks for the reply man. Yeah...I'm well aware it would take more than three pro-mods to make one of them. But I'm not doing too bad these days. I could pick up a custom now...the problem is, the fun police starts to get a little antsy when there's too many guitars in the house...it's not a money thing...it's a "damn...is there another guitar in our living room?"

Two words - pre nup

Anyway...beautiful guitar nonetheless. I could absolutely see myself doing the same thing sometime in the near future. I still wish to this day that I had purchased a 'Mocha' or 'Chlorine' PC-1...I just am not in love with the natural finish...but...you make your bed, you gotta lay in it...I'd hate to sell it, cause I know I won't get anywhere near what I paid for it.
                              Whatcha gonna do
                              Todd M

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                                Nice guitars. Is that a Super D / PAF set? I've been trying to get a pair in cream but they keep screwing up the bobbin colors so that they are slightly off.
                                The pickups are DiMarzio's. Steve's Special DP161 in the bridge and PAF 36th Anniversary DP103 in the neck.

Comment

Working...
                                X