No announcement yet.

Custom Shop Neck Only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Musikraft necks are great for what they are and fill a niche, but the fretwork is not on par with USA Jacksons from my experience. I be surprised if they even do a factory dressing on them. Could be wrong.

Comment

Oh, no, you are absolutely right, I forgot about that.

It's raw wire. The dressing must be done by the assembler. End dress, level & crown.

I guess if you figure in paying someone to do that maybe the Charvel necks aren't a bad deal.

From my perspective, paying $400+ for a Plain Jane quartersawn neck with nickle frets and Tru Oil (and a Charvel logo) doesn't make sense when I can get a nice flame maple neck with stainless frets and do the rest of it myself.

Comment

I can either get something like this painted any color you like or put you in touch with the guy who does it. This is a Pro Mod neck that was put back to standard Nut. He paints the head to match the guitar and hide the mod. I really like the work he's done so far.
        http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

Originally posted by chimaira View Post
          This is a Pro Mod neck that was put back to standard Nut. He paints the head to match the guitar and hide the mod. I really like the work he's done so far.
          +1. That would be Matt at Bravo Custom Guitars. He did the same thing to a San Dimas Production neck - for my EVH Bumble Bee Charvel project. Was cut for a brass nut. Very nice work. Great guy too.

Last edited by GuerillaPete; 02-11-2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

That is cool neck...It came out great.
            http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

Working...
            X