Painted-in-the-bathroom EVH Project - SD Wild Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    Needs truck reflectors and a quarter hammered in to the front, otherwise, nice relic job.
    Nice job! Real nice, ...like so-nice-eddie's-already-called-his-attorney's nice! But you need to make sure it's a 1974 year quarter, like Eddie's...wait, make in a '75 to avoid prosecution!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! This axe is a work in progress...next up: Bare Knuckles VHII, D-Tuna, broken pickguard, creme "tone" knob.

Comment

Looks really cool. Good work.
        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

That's very cool! I just got a flat black San Dimas and now I'm thinking about doing mine in black and yellow.

Comment

You saved yourself $22,000.00 !! Looks as nice as a Fender overpriced "franken"... Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by MNash87 View Post
              That's very cool! I just got a flat black San Dimas and now I'm thinking about doing mine in black and yellow.
              I'd do white, but that's only because I've always found the guitar on VHI to be more awesome than the VHII one
              I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                Thanks for the compliments, everyone! This axe is a work in progress...next up: Bare Knuckles VHII, D-Tuna, broken pickguard, creme "tone" knob.
                I demand that this thread be periodically updated!
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                  I got bored over the weekend and took a trip to Wal Mart. Picked up 3 cans of Krylon, various grits of sandpaper, and a roll of painters tape. The next day, I had assembled my freshly painted EVH axe. [/url]
                  nice job! hard to believe you did it in one day though.... spray can paint needs a looooong time to dry it's only dry to the touch but inside, the solvents are still wet and need to be evaporated. if you leave that on a guitar stand for a couple of days you will see the impression of the stand stems (that the body rests on) on the bottom of the guitar... i would hang it up or disassemble the guitar and let the body hang dry for at least month or two before assembling it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                    I demand that this thread be periodically updated!
                    Haha. Done deal, bro!

Comment

That looks amazing!

Comment

Very impressive, both the guitar and the playing!
                        Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your compliments. I just ordered the misc. cosmetic stuff (pickguard, MXR-style knob) as well as the D-tuna.

As for the humbucker...I'm torn between the BK VHII and the EVH Frankenstein hum. I've heard both in person, so this one's going to take a little time to think about. Also, I'm seriously considering shipping the guitar off to have a neck single slot routed and a Fernandes sustainer installed.

This is going to be a fun project...

Comment

Working...
                          X