Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glassy smooth, and they stay that way.

Comment

These are friggin' killer, I dropped over when I opened the box & the case was Snakeskin as well not to mention we have sold 3 of them & they play & sound incredible!
      http://www.shop.willoughbymusic.com/images/WMWDDSNK.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        Oh absolutely, I don't understand why more manufacturers don't do SS frets (other than slightly more labor cost for the initial install/dress - which I'm totally willing to pay for) and I'm very happy to see Charvel doing this!

Any idea what S/N or date that started at? I probably won't be getting one before next year but I would hate to pick up an old stock and find out it had nickle frets.

No removing the neck for truss rod adjustments... Stainless frets... That's good stuff man.
        Anyone have the serial number range or build date for the ones with stainless frets?
        Charvel Warren DeMartini Snakeskin
        Jackson DK2M
        Peavey JSX Halfstack

Comment

The snakeskins are REALLY fun to play!
          Never give up on your dreams!

Comment

I have 3 guitars with SS, I love them but they do sound different. I would say it's more focused in the mids, slightly less bottom and slightly more top. When I switch guitars it is very easy to turn a couple of knobs on the amp a bit to dial in. Once they are dressed they are done as long as the neck dosn't change or the frets lift. I think EVH is using them now too.
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

As I understand it, installing and dressing stainless frets essentially destroys a set of tools in the process. hence the increased price.

Comment

It depends on the tools, but it can - diamond files stand up to stainless just fine.

It also takes a lot more work to get them leveled since they're quite a bit harder.

Comment

So did you get a Dimartini yet, Jazzy? WTF?
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Not gonna happen this year.

Comment

Well don't put it off until after that white flamey Soloist arrives - because who knows when that will be!
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

That's exactly what I'm doing!

Supposed to be done in a couple weeks... We shall see.

Comment

Working...
                        X