NGD Pro-mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    This is interesting - re: size in the hole.

I have a strat and the stock block on the floyd is just about against the wall of the route. I'm guessing I couldn't even use a big block on that guitar. Good to know.
    That's probably why it sounds better. You have that big brass block up against the wood so there is better transfer of the vibrations into the guitar body. Hence, better sustain.

I noticed a big improvement in one of my Floyd'd Jacksons when I put a wood screw in the trem cavity so the floyd block touched up against it. Like yours, it prevented pull-back, but I don't use mine that way so it was fine with me. Helped keep the tuning more stable too. Seemed to make the guitar more "alive." If you can say that, but to me it did. I liked it so much I did it to all my Floyd'd guitars except my '88 Model 2. That one I want to keep "stock."
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
      Now THAT looks nice!! I always wanted a Yellow Pro Mod, with those yellow pickups it looks even nicer!!!

I have a Slime Green that I was considering Green Dimarzios. I might do it.
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        Is it just called yellow, or is it "__" yellow or yellow "__"? I was thinking of having my Warrior Pro resprayed, and I'm sure this was one of the optional finishes available in 90/91.
        Taxi Cab Yellow.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

what kind of pickups are those? im guessing dimarzio ??

Comment

Yeah, Dimarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
            X