No announcement yet.

Need a new Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 3 USA Pro-Mods, and I did well on all three. Of course, I'm relatively close to a Charvel dealer, in which case I bought two of them.
    I would stick with the USA models if you can get them...you're right on the resale, and it's just way cooler to have that Made in USA on them...opinion, of course..but I'll tell you...every time one of my musician friends sees my Charvels, they're like..Wow...those things are USA-made, huh?

Anyway...I got a polar white Telly for 699 at the local dealer...and they still have a few at that price. I got my San Dimas Trans Candy for 1000 even..and it was brand new to that store...got it within the first 2 days since it arrived. And finally, I got a Trans Red Ale (looks absolutely killer - pics don't do it justice)...got that one off an ebay store for $799. So basically, for the price of one USA Jackson, I got 3 USA Charvels...and I promise...they're some of the best playing, looking, and sounding guitars you'll ever play. The neck alone makes these guitars worth the asking price.

I'd just look around on ebay...continue to look for USA models...they're out there. Just stick with a seller with a good reputation (and always pay through Paypal or similar service...never cash)
    And...if you're interested, PM me..I can give you the name of the store that I bought mine...they have a web site, and I believe they will ship a guitar to you if you want to order over the phone.

Good luck
    Todd M

Comment

keep a sharp eye out and you'll find what you want at a reasonable price. If you want a Kramer buy l-o-w.
      Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am also looking at a new So Cal, and I thought I'd ask a few questions.

1) Just to make sure I understand correctly, both the Production Model and the MIJ model So Cals are made in Japan? That seems kinda disingenious, but whatever. If they both are, why is one several hundred bucks more? Are the components identical?

2) How is the Floyd Rose on these guitars? Is it in dire need of an upgrade, or is it servicable?

3) Did they ever make a candy tangerine MIJ So Cal, or just the MIA one?

Thanks!

Comment

axehunter
          Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am also looking at a new So Cal, and I thought I'd ask a few questions.

1) Just to make sure I understand correctly, both the Production Model and the MIJ model So Cals are made in Japan? That seems kinda disingenious, but whatever. If they both are, why is one several hundred bucks more? Are the components identical?

2) How is the Floyd Rose on these guitars? Is it in dire need of an upgrade, or is it servicable?

3) Did they ever make a candy tangerine MIJ So Cal, or just the MIA one?

Thanks!
          Floyds are good, no tangerine MIJ model. your first question is confusing.
          There were Made in america production model socals that sold for 999 then 1099 and the MIJ ones are 899 and the come with a hardshell case.
          Many are saying the MIJ are better than the USAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            your first question is confusing. There were Made in america production model socals that sold for 999 then 1099 and the MIJ ones are 899 and the come with a hardshell case.
            Thanks, Rich...good info. Let me clarify my question--it looks like above someone said that the latest Production Models are actually Made in Japan, even though they may say MIA...I don't really care where it's made, but I don't want to pay a few hundred extra bucks for a MIA guitar if it is actually MIJ! I'm just trying to determine what is made where.

Comment

the ones that say MIA are MIA. Same quality if not better from the MIJ though(so I've heard).

Comment

My best deal was a brand new style 2 for $523 off ebay with a bing cashback discount. I guess the dealer just wanted to get rid of a guitar that was sitting instead of selling. The USA and Jap promads are the same on the quality spectrum. If I had $1500 laying around, I try to find a cool custom shop that was in stock at a dealer and try to haggle with the price.

As far as kramers go. I played a black 1985 reissue and thought it was a pretty nice guitar. It also weighed 11 pounds. It sounded nice, but I wasn't super thrilled by it. I'd look into gary kramer guiutars also.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Glad to hear the MIJ ones are still good guitars. I'll play both the MIA and MIJ and see what speaks to me. Thanks for the info!

Comment

The point is, if it says "Made in USA" on the headstock/neck plate, it's made in USA. If it says Made in Japan on the headstock/neck plate, it's made in Japan.

It's fairly easy to keep them straight using this method.

Comment

Working...
                    X