No announcement yet.

NGD - Custom Shop Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have stuck with the RGF personally. The relic jobs are aight I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      I don't think it's for the younger crowd honestly.

I think it's for the baby boomers who are now reaching the age of retirement or have inherited money, etc. and can finally afford to splurge on a guitar that looks just like their favorite artists "road worn" guitar when they were growing up.

Not something I am into, but I can certainly understand why there's a huge demand for it. For every iconic guitar player of the last 40 to 50 years there's a beat to shit guitar they used that quite a few people wish they had.
      I agree with Magnus. My generation grew up with all the guys playing the super strats. I was an 80's kid. I'm 38. I'd LOVE to have one of the new Charvels. A few of them. But, then there are the Jacksons....the BC Riches.... Baby boomers? No way. My dad is a baby boomer and his generation listened to shit like the Doo Wop Shop on CBS Radio and whatnot. Those guys weren't playing Charvels.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheShadow View Post
        I agree with Magnus. My generation grew up with all the guys playing the super strats. I was an 80's kid. I'm 38. I'd LOVE to have one of the new Charvels. A few of them. But, then there are the Jacksons....the BC Riches.... Baby boomers? No way. My dad is a baby boomer and his generation listened to shit like the Doo Wop Shop on CBS Radio and whatnot. Those guys weren't playing Charvels.....
        I was not implying those who grew up in the 80's were baby boomers. And it sounds like your Dad was just a square . My folks are "baby boomers" and they were into everything from the Beatles to The Doors to Hendrix to Cream, etc.

My comment was not in regards to Charvel specifically, it was in regards to veni's comment wondering what the fascination is with busted up guitars.

I agree that people looking at Charvel likely aren't the same folks who are really interested a relic'd 1960's re-issue Fender Stratocaster. But I am not surprised that so many companies have started to offer relic'd instruments at numerous price points when you consider the market for that sort of thing. The people interested in it are typically willing to spend thousands of dollars for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          I agree that people looking at Charvel likely aren't the same folks who are really interested a relic'd 1960's re-issue Fender Stratocaster.
          I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd give the Charvel Aged Nitro guitars a shot. At the same time, I'd also consider a Fender Wildwood 10 Reissue.... just not at those prices.

Comment

Originally posted by zarl View Post
            I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd give the Charvel Aged Nitro guitars a shot. At the same time, I'd also consider a Fender Wildwood 10 Reissue.... just not at those prices.
            I wouldn't have a problem wiping my boogers on that...looks like somebody already has
            Todd M

Comment

I'm not into the relic thing either. Maybe it comes from the fact that my guitars are well maintained and have little to no dings at all even though I have gigged several of them. Just because they get used doesn't mean they should look abused
              Anyway, even if the solid color Charvel wasn't aged/relic'd I think Red Ghost Flames looks much better any day but I understand, for some people graphics do nothing for them.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

I'm curious, having never played or even seen one of these relic models in person, are the frets worn? Since everything else on the guitar is it seems kinda dumb if they are & half ass if they aren't......:think:

Comment

Originally posted by Ultramagnus View Post
                  I'm curious, having never played or even seen one of these relic models in person, are the frets worn? Since everything else on the guitar is it seems kinda dumb if they are & half ass if they aren't......:think:
                  no. The frets are all freshly dressed and feel good from the ones I've played. Mostly it's a cosmetic thing that doesn't affect how the guitar plays.

The Music Zoo nitro Charvel's do look really cool in person. The necks are gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                    no. The frets are all freshly dressed and feel good from the ones I've played. Mostly it's a cosmetic thing that doesn't affect how the guitar plays.

The Music Zoo nitro Charvel's do look really cool in person. The necks are gorgeous!
                    So, you've played one? Can you tell me anything about the neck feel? I spoke with those guys a while back and they said the neck feels a little bit thicker (front to back) than the standard Custom Shop neck. But, they didn't have any measurements.

Comment

Working...
                    X