X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great buy...nice axe.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      You're fucking nuts if you don't love Red Ghost Flames.
      Well, I'm nucking futs then!
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

That's wicked! I'd go for it, I love red ghost flames!

Comment

That thing looks sweet. And a nice score to boot.

Comment

Obviously he didn't quite bond with it...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/1927539597.html
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              Obviously he didn't quite bond with it...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/1927539597.html
              Yup. Not quite feeling the flames, so testing the waters here locally to see if it sells.... I think a non-graphic Charvel is more my thing, like this one:

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              Well, I'm nucking futs then!
              Guess, I'm just nucking futs too.
              Last edited by zarl; 09-01-2010, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zarl View Post
                Yup. Not quite feeling the flames, so testing the waters here locally to see if it sells.... I think a non-graphic Charvel is more my thing, like this one:

Guess, I'm just nucking futs too.
                I just don't get that....I aint into the flames and crazy graphics either...but to buy a guitar that looks like somebody's old POS...definitely not my thing. I'd never let my guitar get that beat up What's even better....they charge more money for it!

Course....that's just my opinion...and you know what they say about opinions
                Todd M

Comment

Originally posted by zarl View Post
                  Love the look of the nitro aged Charvels. I had my eye on that one when they had it at the Zoo. I decided that I really didn't want 12" radius and only 21 frets.

Completely different animal than the ghost flame you have.

Comment

Originally posted by veniculum View Post
                    I just don't get that....I aint into the flames and crazy graphics either...but to buy a guitar that looks like somebody's old POS...definitely not my thing. I'd never let my guitar get that beat up What's even better....they charge more money for it!

Course....that's just my opinion...and you know what they say about opinions
                    I agree with you 100%. None of my guitars would probably look like that in thirty years from now. I probably would never buy one that beat up unless it was the real deal and cheap.

Comment

I think the new Charvel nitro aged relics look really cool but if I actually laid down the dough for one, I think it would bug the crap out of me after a couple of days.

Comment

I hate to say it...but those "nitro aged" things just look old and fucked up...like someone bought it and never did anything to try and maintain it. Let's imagine this philosophy in other areas of interest:

Cars - what's worth more...a 1970 Chevelle in mint condition with all original parts/engine components, etc - or - a busted up 1970 Chevelle with rust all over it, leaking oil, and bald tires

Guns - a mint condition Colt 45 (1911), or a 20 year old 1911 (once again) full of rust, the finish is wearing off, and the barrel is all mucked up with deposits.

Baseball cards - a Honus Wagner card (the missing # 13) in perfect condition...or a 1988 card with rips in it...for some player that played for one season, busted his knee, and retired early (sorry...I searched for "least valuable baseball card" and couldn't get a good example)

The list goes on...coins, motorcycles, etc etc etc.

What is this fascination with busted old fucked up guitars...It's just silly. Sorry
                        Todd M

Comment

Personally I think thy're just trying to give people under 40ish who were too young back in the day and missed out, a chance to own something that is similar (or not depending on who you talk to) to the original SD's the're always hearing & reading about.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultramagnus View Post
                            Personally I think thy're just trying to give people under 40ish who were too young back in the day and missed out, a chance to own something that is similar (or not depending on who you talk to) to the original SD's the're always hearing & reading about.
                            I don't think it's for the younger crowd honestly.

I think it's for the baby boomers who are now reaching the age of retirement or have inherited money, etc. and can finally afford to splurge on a guitar that looks just like their favorite artists "road worn" guitar when they were growing up.

Not something I am into, but I can certainly understand why there's a huge demand for it. For every iconic guitar player of the last 40 to 50 years there's a beat to shit guitar they used that quite a few people wish they had.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                              I don't think it's for the younger crowd honestly.

I think it's for the baby boomers who are now reaching the age of retirement or have inherited money, etc. and can finally afford to splurge on a guitar that looks just like their favorite artists "road worn" guitar when they were growing up.

Not something I am into, but I can certainly understand why there's a huge demand for it. For every iconic guitar player of the last 40 to 50 years there's a beat to shit guitar they used that quite a few people wish they had.

Maybe.... But, to me, it's just a cool guitar with the right specs (especially with it's unique neck shape, and a thinner nitro finish). I'd rather have a non-relic version, but no biggie. It is what it is. Some like it, some don't, some are indifferent. At the right price, it could be the right guitar.

I think anyone looking to channel some old 80's guitar hero mojo would probably be shopping something else -- a DeMartini graphic Charvel, an ESP Lynch, EVH, or something like that, not this particular guitar.

Comment

That is a great new Charvel. A hot rod graphic
                                It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
                                X