NGD - finally have the complete USA pro-mod collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    First, I'd have left that guitar hot pink! But hey thats just me, what can I say? My band does 80's hard rock covers so I approve of all those bright colored, pointy guitars
    On the Pearly Gates pickup... The Shannon Soloists have that pickup in the bridge from the factory. Its a pretty weak sounding pickup for a bridge position. I have two Shannon Soloists, one which is stock (Slime Green) and the other in Blue Ghost Flames which has a Dimarzio Super 2 in place of the original Pearly Gates. I've used the Pearly Gates in the neck position in my other guitars and its fine there. But for a bridge position its weak IMO.
    Thanks brother....yeah...I'm from the 80s school myself...so when I bought the pink guitar in (approx) 1990, it was fine...but by 1995, hot pink wasn't so happening anymore. I stayed loyal to the music...but I moved on from the hairspray and 3 sizes too small Levi's

I appreciate your suggestion regarding the Pearl Gates...It's kind of hard to tell in a semi-hollow guitar. I guess I'll keep it there. For some reason I remember someone saying it was supposed to be pretty hot...but that's not my experience with it. Matter of fact, I'm even considering moving the 59 to the bridge and the PG to the neck...but here, once again, I've never put a 59 in the bridge...so I'm not sure if the results would be of any significant difference.
    Todd M

Comment

the natural and trans finishes are sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaKramer View Post
        the natural and trans finishes are sweet.
        I can't stop looking at the Trans Red...I had mentioned before...I had a Ferrari Red, and this is just a completely different color...(no disrespect to the Ferrari Red)...but I can't stop looking at this thing...in some light, it looks almost orange...then it looks dark red....then you see the wood. It's a brilliant color choice. I'm so glad I got this one. I was dead set on getting the polor white so cal..now I'm really glad I picked this one up.

Thanks man
        Todd M

Comment

you're missing the single hum charvel. That'll complete your collection.

Comment

Working...
          X