Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
    Just realized that I inadvertently copied you! :ROTF:
    Nice choice. I've thought about doing the same mods to a Pagan Gold SoCal, too.

Comment

Slime!

Comment

Yea I got a slime thats out for delivery. Waiting patiently ,tryin to see if theres any mods to do but think I might leave it. Looks good to me just the way it is .

Comment

I'm getting a Red Ale So-Cal in a couple of weeks! Seems that it is not a popular color on this board. Why not? I hear a lot about the Tangerine and the Slime Green and plenty of pics. Any of you got a Red Ale? I think it looks classy - as far as an 80's superstrat goes... I read somewhere that of each custom color there are 300 made - is that correct?

Someone got any pics of the Red Ale? It will keep me busy for the next couple of weeks that I have to sit out before I'll get mine. :-)
          Last edited by Izegrim; 08-25-2010, 04:12 PM.

Comment

My favorites are the Candy Tangerine, Slime Green and Pagan Gold. I own the latter and pictures don't do it justice. It is a really cool looking guitar in person. Nothing like the sick dog's pooh color you see in most pictures.

I was thinking about buying a fiesta red single hum San Dimas but, after seeing all the pics posted here, I might just get a second So-Cal and turn into a single hum. Damn, I shouldn't have read this post.

Comment

Ferrari Red.

Comment

Originally posted by Izegrim View Post
                I'm getting a Red Ale So-Cal in a couple of weeks! Seems that it is not a popular color on this board. Why not? I hear a lot about the Tangerine and the Slime Green and plenty of pics. Any of you got a Red Ale? I think it looks classy - as far as an 80's superstrat goes... I read somewhere that of each custom color there are 300 made - is that correct?

Someone got any pics of the Red Ale? It will keep me busy for the next couple of weeks that I have to sit out before I'll get mine. :-)
                I have one, and I love it.

The whole reason I got it was because it looked like my '79 strat, although that is more of a maroon. Anyway, long story about that guitar already tld on the board, so I won't repeat it
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  Candy Plum!

OK...this thread really hits home. I have two San Dimas models, and for a short time had a Ferrari Red So Cal. I traded it within a week for my Trans Kandy SD HSS. Reason being...I wasn't a huge fan of Ferrari red, and the Trans Kandy just caught my eye...it came in to the music store during the week I had the So Cal. My red So Cal must have been on the wall for a while because it needed a setup pretty bad. So I brought it back and the rest was history. Saw the Trans Kandy and was still within the exchange period. Had to do it.

But now..especially since Charvel has announced production moving to Japan, I've been on a mission to get a So Cal (USA made). The shop where I bought my other two Charvels still had the Ferrari red Charvel on the wall...mine from 6 months ago...and a purple one. Both were priced at $799 and I was really really close to picking up the purple (plum..whatever you want to call it). Still...I wasn't really a fan of that color...and I wasn't about to buy back a guitar that I traded 6 months earlier. So I walked out of the store that day empty handed. I really had it in my heart that I wanted a polar white (with the black pick guard...a la Jake E.)

After lots of searching, I couldn't find a white So Cal, and prices on ebay were actually going UP!. Plus I was starting to see Japanese So Cals going up for sale (pre-orders). At that point, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a Red Ale So Cal - brand new on ebay for $899. Not too bad.
                  Ironically, this guitar was supposed to be delivered to my house today...but Fedex screwed up...pisses me off to no end.

But the point of my post is this...the minute I saw the plum with the custom white pick guard, all of a sudden, I really like it. Really like it. Now I'm not gonna say I regret buying the Red Ale...I think that's a beautiful guitar...and it will sit nicely next to the Trans Kandy....but to think that I could've had the plum So Cal a few weeks ago and gotten a white pick guard...I'm actually a bit irritated with myself

Anyway...love the plum now...but only with the white guard. Just need to know..did you make it...or buy it from somewhere...I've heard of pickguardian.com? Thanks.

Will have pics of my new Trans Red Ale tomorrow...provided Fedex doesn't fuck up again. I think I'm going to put a white..or perhaps mother of pearl pickguard on it. What do you guys think?
                  Todd M

Comment

I don't know man. I thought the Red Ale looks sweet in the pics I saw. You might be surprised or dissapointed because you haven't seen the Red Ale in person yet. I'm very curious about what you think of it - and the pictures you promised!

Comment

It was delivered today...I stopped home for lunch and there in the hallway entrance was a beautiful Charvel box...nothing like seeing that brand new guitar box...you guys know what I'm talking about. Of course I had to take it out.

There it was....the familar Charvel gig bag (I have 2 more). And then I opened it.....drum roll....STUNNING. Friggin thing looks amazing! It had been through the ringer the last few days (hot warehouses and trucks)...but it managed to make to my house in perfect condition (albeit, a little out of tune). But I checked the neck..everything looked straight...no buzzing...and the finish was flawless. Which, by the way....STUNNING....oh...I already said that. I've never been a huge fan of red....but this is much more organic..which is what I always try to go for with my guitar purchases. I really love seeing the guitar's wood texture. Flat and gloss colors don't really do that...not that that's necessarily a bad thing...it's just not usually my thing...I love to see them as naked as possible. The nicest surprise of all was the neck...the maple was especially sharp on this guitar....like they really got a good piece of wood with this one.

Anyway....had to go back to work right away. When I get home tonight, I'll be tuning her up...I'll probably head over to floydupgrades.com and pickup another brass block (what's another $30?)....and of course, I'll snap a few pics and post them. In one of my previous posts, I mentioned that I may go with a white pickguard (if I can find someone who will make me one). Now that I have it, I'm not sure...I'll probably have one made anyway...just to check it out....but the black stocker actually compliments the trans red finish nicely.

I'm really stoked. I wanted a So Cal in my collection real bad, and now I have one. I've got one of each USA Pro-Mod now..plus a Jackson PC1...and an American Strat. I've given quite a bit of money to FMIC this year . Next year when the fun police starts to forget all of my purchases this year, I may have to pickup a DeMartini Snake...we'll see. I'm real happy now. Anyway..look for the pics later tonight. I'll do my best to capture the finish...i have a feeling pics won't do it justice...but I'll try.
                      Todd M

Comment

Hey Veni I have a red ale and what I did was cut out a pickguard shape with white paper to get an idea of what it would look like. I m staying with stock as the white cheapens the look . Also the green looks better stock too. I wanted to mod them but seems they look fine just the way they are.

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
                          Hey Veni I have a red ale and what I did was cut out a pickguard shape with white paper to get an idea of what it would look like. I m staying with stock as the white cheapens the look . Also the green looks better stock too. I wanted to mod them but seems they look fine just the way they are.
                          Thanks man...yeah..I don't think I'm gonna change it. The wood is flawless...and the flat black pickguard compliments it perfectly. I actually just spiced things up a little...adding gold screws to hold the pick guard in place. I think this is as far as I'm gonna take it in terms of modification (other than some floydupgrades.com parts)

Here's a pic of the new axe:

Todd M

Comment

Its hard to choose between Candy Tangerine So-Cal, Limited Edition Blue Flames, and black. Yes, your basic boring black which looks like this:

Can be sent off to Mike Learn for some custom work to turn it into your very own "Custom Shop" like this:

Bridge pickup was swapped out for a Bare Knuckles Painkiller and pickup cover added for the purpose of the graphic. Everything else is stock on it
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              Its hard to choose between Candy Tangerine So-Cal, Limited Edition Blue Flames, and black. Yes, your basic boring black which looks like this:

Can be sent off to Mike Learn for some custom work to turn it into your very own "Custom Shop" like this:

Bridge pickup was swapped out for a Bare Knuckles Painkiller and pickup cover added for the purpose of the graphic. Everything else is stock on it
                              OOOO...dude..that is sweet. I usually don't like custom paint job on guitars. Typically, I like organic stuff...tobacco, cherry, etc sunbursts...any kind of trans color woods (like my two charvels)...and I really like the type of stuff you see on PRS guitars (mine's a tortoise shell top). But yours was done real cool. Skulls are pretty much always cool...I really like how that was done. Who's Mike Learn?
                              Thanks man
                              Todd M

Comment

Veniculum, Mike Learn is an extremely talented artist. He does custom paint for the Jackson/Charvel custom shop. He is in the dealer section here on JCF, look up his stuff as its simply amazing!
                                Tomorrow I will be shipping off a Rhoads for him to paint in fact
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X