Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pics of your current batch USA charvels! 8-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
    That's a first batch Candy Tangerine So-Cal. The guard is a custom replacement from Pickguardian. Anderson H3 and SA2 pickups. I'm glad you like it!
    I swapped in a W-B-W pickguard onto my Candy Tang So-Cal (but left it H-H), and it came out killer! Really worked well with that color. The Pickguardian pickguard fit perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by rudociliak View Post
      very nice posts! I got a pagan gold one recently so as soon as I get it I have to post it up!! and about the pickguards, no I'm fine the so-cal already has one :P
      :|

Comment

yes mat, hahahaha tis true I'll tell you about it lter man!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
          I swapped in a W-B-W pickguard onto my Candy Tang So-Cal (but left it H-H), and it came out killer! Really worked well with that color. The Pickguardian pickguard fit perfectly.
          I went to Pickguardian's website, and I don't see anything specific for Charvel. Did you have them custom build one for you? I also would imagine it would be easier for them to make a replacement for a So Cal....as opposed to what I want to do...I want a custom pickguard for my San Dimas HSS. Maybe I'll shoot them a message
          Thanks man
          Todd M

Comment

Originally posted by veniculum View Post
            I went to Pickguardian's website, and I don't see anything specific for Charvel. Did you have them custom build one for you? I also would imagine it would be easier for them to make a replacement for a So Cal....as opposed to what I want to do...I want a custom pickguard for my San Dimas HSS. Maybe I'll shoot them a message
            Thanks man
            Yeah, it was a custom build. I sent him the original guard and he was able to reproduce it in H/S. It turned out awesome.

Comment

Here are mine. Both purchased last year, six months apart.

Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

very cool, the green slime ones didn't really appeal to me much, but they are starting to look cooler and cooler now

Comment

That red one is KILLER!

Comment

The red one has had a makeover since the picture was taken. I put a new black pickguard on it, and installed a mini-switch for the pickups. The original switch position is now a Stellartone ToneStyler. I dumped the stock Dimarzio pickups for a pair of Duncans, a Pearly Gates neck and a Custom Custom bridge. The volume knob is a push/pull to split both coils. I love this guitar! Not only does it feel and play great, but it sounds killer too and with my mods I can get tons of tones.

The green one is almost stock. I replaced the plastic pickup surrounds with black metal ones. I changed the magnet in the bridge JB to an alnico 8. Now it's louder, meaner, has more mids and no ice-pick top end ever. Lows are still as tight as a California coed's gluts! I'm starting to play this one more now, as the red one started getting all my attention after I got it.

I like how I've diversified my mods. The guitars feel the same in my hands, and balance the same on straps. Yet each has its own distict sonic personality.
                    Last edited by cvansickle; 08-18-2010, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Got my Charvel So Cal the other day!

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/109...37#post1369637

Comment

There need only be 1... when its perfect! :-)) CS HRF..with matching headstock..

Its pretty bad when you get old and forget that you actually had 2 Charvels! LOL I forgot my Bumble Bee..

Last edited by Robert Burns; 09-12-2010, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                          There need only be 1... when its perfect! :-)) CS HRF..with matching headstock..

All I can say is ......WOW!!!

Comment

that is very cool

Comment

Some divorcees:

Last edited by chrisolson; 09-20-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rudociliak View Post
                                very cool, the green slime ones didn't really appeal to me much, but they are starting to look cooler and cooler now
                                I took my Mean Slime Green to the Nashville Amp Expo this past weekend. Everybody was oohing and ahhing over it! I used it to try out lots of high gain amps, like Soldanos, Wizards, Egnaters and 3rd Power (that white, triangular thing - awesome!).

Nothing says "I mean business!" like a high-performance guitar with a wicked color!

Comment

Working...
                                X