No announcement yet.

I Can Feel The Skunk Stripe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, I applied a few coats of gunstock oil, and while it didn't give me the super smooth feel I wanted, I think I ended up with something better, a neck that's quite smooth overall, and I don't feel the stripe as much, but the maple definetly feels like I'm playing a piece of wood, I can feel slight grain marks on the maple after sanding, and i think it feels really cool and natural, so I'm gonna stop.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac View Post
      Thanks guys, I applied a few coats of gunstock oil, and while it didn't give me the super smooth feel I wanted, I think I ended up with something better, a neck that's quite smooth overall, and I don't feel the stripe as much, but the maple definetly feels like I'm playing a piece of wood, I can feel slight grain marks on the maple after sanding, and i think it feels really cool and natural, so I'm gonna stop.

Thanks again!
      Did you apply wax after sanding? That will make it feel smooth.

Comment

i didn't get teh wax. maybe i'll try it!

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac View Post
          i didn't get teh wax. maybe i'll try it!
          I used some wax I had for my car and it worked well. I've never tried BC gunstock wax.

Comment

BC gun stock oil is all you need.Hand rub it in let it dry and buff with 0000 steel wool that's it.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've used the Casey birchwwod gunstock oil and Wax on a couple of my raw maple necks. It works like a charm.
              every time I get an Ibanez 7620 7 string (and apparently I go thru these like cheap hookers)
              I have the gloss finish removed from the back of the neck and I use these 2 products on the wood.
              makes it nice and smooth but still fels 'raw".
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
              X